Step-by-step guide to making a claim
If you find yourself in an emergency situation, please follow the steps below and we will send an approved tradesman to your rescue.
- In the event of an emergency we recommend that you check your policy documents to ensure that you have the appropriate cover. If you are covered for the particular scenario then you will need to call the Saga Home Emergency Helpline on 0800 027 1342 as soon as possible. This number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Make sure you have your policy number to hand when you call. You’ll find this on your Schedule. You will also need to tell us your name and address, including the postcode, and the nature of the emergency.
- When we know what the situation is, we will contact our local repairers and let you know when they will be able to come round to sort out the problem. This will normally be as soon as possible unless:
- the weather is too bad;
- there are industrial disputes, official or otherwise;
- the public transport system fails (including the road and railway networks and repairs to them); or
- there are other problems that prevent our repairer from entering your home or which make it impractical for us to provide the service.