How Saga Travel Insurance can help
Saga Travel Assistance provides advice and guidance on:
- How to replace lost or stolen passports, driving licenses, air tickets, or other travel documents
- How to trace your luggage if it is lost or delayed
- Why, how, where and when you should contact local embassies or consulates
- How to transfer money from home if you need it.
In addition Saga Travel Assistance provides:
- Advice and guidance to you and your relatives, friends or employers if you are unfortunate enough to go into hospital
- A ‘phone home’ service if there is an emergency
- A translation and interpretation service if you need it.
How the British Consulate can help
Consuls are there to protect the interests of their nationals whilst abroad and can:
- Issue emergency passports
- Contact relatives/friends to arrange help with money/tickets
- Put you in touch with lawyers, interpreters and doctors
- Help if you are in hospital or become a victim of crime
- Make special arrangements in the event of a natural disaster, civil unrest or terrorism.
They cannot pay hotel, legal, medical or other bills or obtain accommodation for you.
Get a Travel Insurance Quote
Find out more about our Travel Insurance
Single Trip Travel Insurance
Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance
Back to Hints and tips
Before you go
Driving in Europe
At the airport