- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 salted anchovy fillets, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 8 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 100g sun-blush tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 500g fresh or dried linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon superfine capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the shallots and garlic and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the anchovies, olives and tomatoes and heat gently over low heat.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water until al dente, then drain, reserving 65ml of the pasta water.
- Add the drained pasta and reserved water to the anchovy mixture, then add the capers and parsley. Toss well together and serve in deep pasta bowls.
Per serving: 496 kcals, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0.72g sodium
Extracted from: Healthy Eating for Your Heart by Paul Gayler with Jacqui Lynas BSc RD (Kyle Cathie), £12.99) with photography by Peter Cassidy. Buy the book at a discount from Saga Books.