Blythe Danner talks to Saga
The star of I'll See You in My Dreams on why the babyboomer are demanding - and getting - better roles for older actors.
Blythe Danner © Jaguar PS / Shutterstock.com
Five fun facts about Blythe Danner
- Blythe Danner is the mother of Gwyneth Paltrow
- She co-starred with her daughter in Sylvia, playing Aurelia Plath, mother of Paltrow’s title role as Sylvia Plath
- Won a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for ‘Butterflies Are Free’ in 1970
- Starred in the hit comedies ‘Meet the Parents’ and ‘Meet the Fockers’ opposite Robert De Niro
- She was nominated for three Emmy awards in 2005.
Related: 'Blythe Danner, in fact, is a knockout...' Read our film critic's assessment of I'll See You in My Dreams
Related: Read our interview with Sam Elliott, who plays Blythe Danner's love interest in I'll See You in My Dreams'
I'll See You in My Dreams is available on digital download from 22nd February and on DVD from 29th February.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.