- Heat the butter and oil in a small saucepan until the butter has melted.
- Unroll the pastry and separate into sheets. Brush lightly with the butter mixture, then cut into 24 pieces, each 10 x 8cm (4 x 3½ inches).
- Arrange a piece in each of the sections of a deep 12-hole muffin tin then add a second piece at a slight angle to the first pieces to give a pretty jagged edge to each pastry case.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180ºC (350ºF, Gas Mark 4), for 6-8 minutes until golden. Meanwhile, warm the jam and orange juice in a saucepan then add the nectarines and blueberries and warm through.
- Carefully lift the tart cases out of the muffin tin and transfer to a serving dish. Fill with the warm fruits and dust with sifted icing sugar. Serve with spoonfuls of fromage frais or yogurt ice cream.
Kcals 75 (310 Kj)
Two tarts count as a portion of fruit, with the berries providing valuable flavonoids. Boost your calcium intake by serving with fromage frais or yogurt ice cream.
Recipes taken from Cancer: Food, Facts and Recipes (ISBN: 0-600-61110-8) published by Hamlyn, priced at £12.99.