Special equipment: muffin tray cases (9cm)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4. Oil a 5cm deep, 6 hole muffin tray with a little olive oil.
2. Peel the potatoes and grate them coarsely. Wrap up the grated potato in kitchen paper and press out as much water as possible. You may need to change the paper several times.
3. Put the potato in a bowl then mix in the rosemary, 2 tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Evenly divide the potato mixture into the muffin tin, pressing the potato into the bases and the sides to form cups. Brush lightly with oil, gently cover with greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the potato has become crisp, checking periodically that the potato is not burning.
4. While the potatoes are cooking prepare the filling. Roughly chop the artichokes, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes, then sauté until slightly soft. Season to taste.
5. When the potato nests are cooked, allow them to cool slightly before turning out. Once turned out put a spoonful of cranberry sauce in the base of each of the cups, then divide the filling evenly on top. Divide the cheese between the nests. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.
6. Assemble your salad on each plate with the nest in the middle.
7. Just before serving mix all of the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
Our thanks to The Vegetarian Society for providing this recipe.