1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 or 3 baking trays with baking paper (if you only have 1 baking tray, cook in batches).
2. Beat together the Lurpak Unsalted butter and caster sugar until combined, using a wooden spoon. (The mixture doesn’t need to be light). Add the flour and salt and work it in with the wooden spoon, then use your hand to bring the mixture together.
3. Turn out the dough and knead for a few moments until smooth – but avoid over-handling. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and stamp out biscuits with a star-shaped cutter (or just use a round one). Re-roll the trimmings to make about 25, placing them on the baking sheets.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until pale golden brown. Cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Make the orange brandy butter by beating the Lurpak Unsalted Butter with the icing sugar, mixed spice and orange zest. Stir in the brandy, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
6. Serve each biscuit topped with a little mincemeat and orange brandy butter.
Make extra brandy butter to serve with your mince pies too.
For more festive food ideas, see our Christmas baking recipes.