Serves 8 (24cm tart) / Preparation time: 30 + 20 minutes / Resting time in the fridge: 4 + 1 hours + 15 minutes / Resting time in the freezer: 15 minutes / Baking time: 15–20 minutes at 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 / You will need a 24cm tart tin.
How to make raspberry and white chocolate tart
1. Make the white chocolate and vanilla mousse (see below). Set in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. This step can be done the day before.
2. Mix the ground hazelnuts with the flour and make the sablée pastry following the method here. Rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Line the tart tin, prick with a fork and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Blind bake the pastry base straight from the freezer (no baking beans needed) until it is evenly golden brown.
5. Melt the white chocolate and butter together in the microwave at a medium power for 1 minute. Stir with a spatula and repeat this step every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Brush the pastry base with a thin layer of the chocolate and butter mix. Set in the fridge for 15 minutes. This will help the pastry to stay crispy.
6. Fill a piping bag and pipe a thin layer of the white chocolate mousse over the chocolate-coated pastry. Top the tart with the raspberries.
7. In a pan, warm up the raspberry jam with the water and use to glaze the raspberries using a pastry brush.
How to make a white chocolate and vanilla mousse
1. Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
2. Break the white chocolate into small pieces and put it in a large bowl.
3. Drain off the water from the gelatine leaves and add them to the white chocolate.
4. Bring to the boil the fresh double cream with the vanilla pod (opened and scraped), and pour it over the white chocolate through a fine sieve.
5. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is melted, then cool for 15 minutes at room temperature.
6. Fold in the softly whipped cream.
7. Set in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before use.
Patisserie by Murielle Valette
Patisserie: The step-by-step guide to baking French pastries at home by Murielle Valette is published by Constable and Robinson in October 2013, priced £14.99.