A super-quick version of this wonderfully indulgent pudding invented by the Hungry Monk at Jevington in Sussex
- 20cm/8in all-butter short crust pastry case
- 450g/1lb jar dulce de leche (try Merchant Gourmet)
- 3 under-ripe bananas
- 300ml/10oz whipping cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Remove the pastry case from its tin and place on a large plate. Spoon the dulce de leche into the pastry case – you may not need it all.
- Peel the bananas, slice thickly lengthways and nudge up closely over the caramel to entirely cover. Whip the cream with most of the coffee until firm but floppy. Spoon then smooth it over the bananas. Dust with the remaining coffee and chill until required.
This recipe was first published in Saga Magazine.
Lindsey Bareham's website is: www.lindseybareham.com
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.