1. In a large flameproof casserole pan, fry the chicken in the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides or until golden, then remove and set aside.
2. Next add the shallots, celery and garlic, cook until translucent and lightly golden, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour, sherry, saffron and stock, stirring all the time until the sauce comes back to the boil. Add the bay leaves and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the chicken back into the casserole pan. Place on the lid and cook on a low heat for ½ an hour or until the chicken is starting to fall away from the bone.
5. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the peas and cook for a couple of minutes, turn off the heat and add the parsley.
6. Divide between 4 warm bowls and sprinkle with the almonds
Our thanks to www.lovecelery.co.uk for providing this recipe.