Pasta with broccoli, anchovies and chillies
An unusual way to serve broccoli - and pasta - but it really works well and is full of flavour
400 g (14 oz) spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, black pepper
- 40 g (1½ oz) can anchovies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large red chilli
- ½ lemon
- 50 g (2 oz) breadcrumbs
- 50 g (2 oz) piece Parmesan
- Cook pasta, steaming broccoli over it until just tender. Drain, then toss pasta and broccoli with 1 tbsp of the oil and the seasoning. Keep warm.
- Drain and finely chop the anchovies, chop garlic and chilli and stir-fry all in 1 tbsp oil for 1–2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and stir into the pasta with the broccoli and lemon juice and zest.
- Stir breadcrumbs in the remaining oil in a pan over high heat until golden. Sprinkle over pasta with shaved cheese.
Recipe taken from The Garden To Kitchen Expert by Judith Wills and Dr DG Hessayon, priced £9.99.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.