Watercress and pancetta ciabatta pizza
This quick and easy recipe uses a halved ciabatta instead of pizza dough, making it an ideal quick lunch or dinner that's bursting with flavour.
watercress and pancetta ciabatta pizza
Quick and easy pancetta and watercress pizza
- 1 large ciabatta loaf
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 8 slices smoked pancetta
- 250g mozzarella sliced
- 20g watercress
- Salt and pepper
- Make a quick tomato sauce by finely chopping the shallot and garlic then fry them in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar, smoked paprika and seasoning. Place over a medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes until reduced and resembling a thick paste.
- Cut the ciabatta in half lengthways and place on a baking tray. Spread the tomato sauce over the cut side of the ciabatta. Then lay the slices of smoked pancetta and mozzarella on top.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes until the mozzarella is golden brown.
- Lay the watercress on top of the mozzarella and serve with a simple tomato salad.
For further watercress of other baby leaf recipe ideas please visit www.stevesleaves.co.uk.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.