1. Frozen THE huge DVD hit of the year. There can’t be a parent is the land who doesn’t know all the words to all the songs.
Allegiances can be important with Frozen fans, so it might be a good idea to ask the child’s parents which of the sisters their daughter prefers.
Sparkle doll, Anna or Elsa RRP £16.99 each. Fancier models include accessories like sleighs or castles. Available from Amazon.
2. Peppa Pig Early morning TV favourite, Peppa Pig has a sizeable range of toys, including a cute campervan at around £19.99, but also theme park toys, houses, classroom sets etc.Available from Argos.
3. Doc McStuffins Disney’s Doc McStuffins is a little girl whose toys come to life when the grown-ups are not around. She runs a clinic fixing toys and consequently the Doc McStuffins range focuses around her doctor activities, like this Doctor Bag RRP £19.99. Available from Amazon.
4. Ben and Holly Another early morning TV favourite, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom also has a range of merchandise, including the Thistle Castle Playset RRP £24.99. Available from Argos or Amazon.
5. Sofia the First Disney Junior’s Sofia the First doesn’t often appear on any online bestseller lists, but is nonetheless popular with little girls. Toys range from under £10 for a Sofia the First character doll, all the way up to £64.99 for this Magical Talking Castle. The smaller items are readily available from large supermarkets. Available from Amazon.
Please note: Details and prices were correct when we published this article on November 27. Availability and prices can change, so please check websites carefully before purchasing.