Lorraine Kelly’s 10 top tips for looking fabulous at Christmas
Stylish Lorraine’s advice on how to shine during the festive season is worth noting! Plus, see her TV ad...
Lorraine's red dress in the Christmas ad is one of her favourite dresses for the season
Familiar for her warm welcome and easy charm on ITV’s mid-morning chat show, Lorraine Kelly loves her clothes and has just launched her Christmas TV ad for JD Williams.
Her ten top tips could help you find your own Christmas sparkle…
Meet Our Over-50 Models
- Dress to suit your shape. My collection has options to suit every figure and size, from size 10 -32.
- Have fun with your look! Christmas parties are a great opportunity to play dress-up and wear something different.
- Don’t be afraid of metallics – it’s a huge trend this season and perfect for Christmas parties. JD Williams has a great range of metallic party-wear – dresses and separates.
- Drink plenty of water! It may seem obvious, but drinking water in between alcoholic drinks not only minimises the chance of a hangover, but will keep your skin looking good too.
- Peplums are a great way of balancing curves – the red dress in the Christmas ad is one of my favourite dresses for the season. It’s the perfect combination of festive and flattering.
- Comfort is key. Make sure you will feel comfortable in your outfit all night. There’s nothing elegant about hobbling around in ill-fitting shoes. JD Williams do a great selection of comfortable, wide fit heels.
- Accessories are an easy way of dressing up an outfit. Statement necklaces and earring are everywhere this season. Chandelier earrings are an easy way to add elegance to your look.
- Metallic accessories are a great additional to brighten up any outfit and a great way to try out a new trend.
- Underwear is a vital part of Christmas dressing. There’s a huge range of shapewear out there to make sure you feel your best all night – even with the temptation of canapés and mince pies.
- Confidence – a smile is your best accessory!
How to be an older model
Watch Lorraine in JD Williams advert, or view Lorraine’s new collection for JD Williams
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.