Saga introduces breakdown cover for motorhomesThursday 17 March 2005
Saga introduces breakdown cover for motorhomes
- A choice of cover levels including European travel
- Reliable service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from £65
For information on Saga Motorhome Insurance call 0800 096 4553 or visit saga.co.uk
At the end of 2004 the number of new motorhome registrations reached an all-time high. Touring caravans also reached their highest production figures since 1990* and this trend looks like continuing in 2005.
In response to the growing popularity of touring and following feedback from Saga's Motorhome policyholders, Saga has launched Motorhome Breakdown Assistance. This offers two levels of breakdown cover which can either be added to an existing Motorhome Insurance policy or taken out separately.
Features of the new Saga Motorhome Assistance** are:
- a choice of recovery for the driver and up to 5 passengers to your home, your destination, or a to a garage within 10 miles of your home or destination
- Home-Call - cover following an accident, breakdown or vandalism occurring within 1/4 of a mile of your home
- roadside repair
- assistance for a punctured tyre
- cover for your motorhome whoever is driving, provided they have a full licence and are driving with the owner's permission
The Motorhome Assistance Plus option, provides all the features above, plus unlimited cover in the European Union.
Andrew Goodsell, Saga, commented: "Without the right Motorhome Breakdown cover, even a punctured tyre could leave you stranded and your holiday plans in ruins. Having cover will enable you to plan and set out on your holiday with confidence."
For further information on Saga Motorhome Insurance and Motorhome Assistance call 0800 015 6833 or visit www.saga.co.uk/finance/motorhome/ for an on-line quote. The site includes the facility to save a quote, and offers the new Saga safe payment option, which enables customers to enter a four-digit pin number rather than their credit card details.
Notes to Editors:
* National Caravan Figures: Over 32,000 touring caravans produced in 2004 and Motorhome registrations for new vehicles at their highest ever level at 8,487
** Motorhome Assistance 65
Motorhome Assistance Plus (vehicles up to 15 yrs) 80
Motorhome Assistance Plus (vehicles 15 yrs plus) 96
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771529.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.
Head of Communications, Saga Group Saga Holidayslisa.email@example.com
Senior PR Manager, Insurance and Personal Financeangela.firstname.lastname@example.org
PR Manager, Saga Holidays and Cruisesnaomi.email@example.com