Motorhomes heading to Glastonbury offered pitch refund with Saga Motorhome InsuranceWednesday 13 June 2007
Motorhomes heading to Glastonbury offered pitch refund with Saga Motorhome Insurance
Over 50s can recoup the cost of the pitch for their Motorhome at Glastonbury by insuring with Saga
Saga is today offering some respite to the purse strings of over 50s heading to this year's Glastonbury festival, by refunding the cost of the motorhome pitch*.
With Glastonbury tickets costing in excess of 140, Saga's offer will come as welcome news to the thousands of over 50s expected to make the trip to Worthy Farm in their motorhomes.
Today's baby boomers led the flower power era and many will have attended the very first Glastonbury festival. Their love of the festival lifestyle has not waned but many want a little more luxury by taking their motorhomes to the festival in place of their tents!
We know that Glastonbury is as popular with the older generation as it is the younger, and many of them will have attended the first Glastonbury festival in 1970 when tickets cost just 1. Tickets to this year's three-day event cost 140 and the cost of parking a Motorhome is an additional 50. Anybody attending the festival and taking out Saga Motorhome Insurance will get the parking fee back.
Notes to Editors-
Saga won Motorhome Insurer of the year in this year's Motor Caravan Magazine, the biggest survey of it's kind in the UK.
*All customers will have to do to qualify for this offer is provide a copy of their photo id ticket and the refund will be issued.
Features for Comprehensive policyholders
* New motorhome replacement If you are the first registered owner of a motorhome that is less than two years old and which is damaged beyond economical repair, we will replace it with a new one (subject to mileage restrictions).
* Cover in Europe We will cover your motorhome while you are travelling in the EU at no extra cost, all year round.
* Personal effects cover We will provide up to 1,500 cover for personal effects or clothing for you and your passengers, and 500 for camping equipment, toilet tent and gas cylinders, lost or damaged due to accident, fire or theft. Individual items are limited to a maximum of 100. We will also cover awnings up to 1,500.
* Medical expenses cover Medical expenses cover, up to 300 each, for the driver and the passengers of the insured motorhome.
* Unlimited Audio/Visual/Communication equipment cover We will pay for loss or damage to CD/cassette players, speakers, telephones, navigation equipment and accident blackspot detectors permanently fitted to your vehicle, without limit.
* 20,000 personal accident cover You and your partner are automatically covered for injury sustained in any motoring accident. Cover ranges from 10,000 for total loss of sight in an eye to 20,000 for permanent total disablement. We also pay hospitalisation benefit of 200 per night, between two and ten nights.
* 'Get you home' cover You can claim up to 50 per person, for yourself and up to five passengers, for travelling expenses or hotel accommodation costs incurred following an accident. (Please note that this only applies to Comprehensive policyholders).
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771529.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.
Head of Communications, Saga Group Saga Holidayslisa.email@example.com
Senior PR Manager, Insurance and Personal Financeangela.firstname.lastname@example.org
PR Manager, Saga Holidays and Cruisesnaomi.email@example.com