Saga cruising offers chance to enjoy new high-speed eurostar servicesThursday 6 September 2007
Saga cruising offers chance to enjoy new high-speed eurostar services
Saga is offering cruise customers the chance to be one of the first to experience the new high-speed Eurostar service from London St Pancras Station to Paris or Lille later this year. Two itineraries include the opportunity to use the service as part of the included travel package travelling to either join or travel back from their ship Saga Ruby as she embarks on two cruises around the Mediterranean:
1. ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN TREASURES.
Departs November 1 2007.
Prices start from 2061 per person, based on two sharing an inside cabin.
On November 1 travel from Waterloo to Paris by Eurostar and then by TGV to Marseilles on the outbound journey. Return on the high-speed Eurostar service from Paris or Lille to St Pancras on November 17. (Eurostar service from St Pancras begins on November 14).
This 16-night cruise begins in Marseilles before visiting Civitavecchia (for Rome), Katakolon, Heraklion, Rhodes, Limassol, Haifa, Alexandria (for Cairo), Piraeus (for Athens) and Valletta.
Details www.saga.co.uk/travelshop or call 0800 056 5880
2. A TASTE OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
Departs November 17 2007.
Prices start from 1719 per person, based on two sharing an inside cabin.
On November 17 travel from St Pancras to Paris or Lille by Eurostar and then by TGV to Marseilles.
This all-inclusive 13-night cruise visits a medley of enticing Spanish ports, Italy, Morocco and the tranquil islands of Sardinia and Minorca. Ports of call include Casablanca, Naples, Cartagena, Malaga and historic Cadiz.
Details www.saga.co.uk/travelshop or call 0800 056 5880.
For further details on Saga Cruises please call 0800 056 5880 or visit www.saga.co.uk/travelshop
Notes to editors:
* Saga escorts will accompany passengers on the trains and porterage of luggage will be organised throughout the journey.
* All Saga cruises include:
* Insurance and cancellation cover; All port taxes; All meals on board, entertainment and 24 hour room service; All gratuities on board; Private chauffeur car service for passengers living within 75 miles of their departure port or airport, OR our new shared car service for passengers living between 75 and 250 miles of the port, there will be a maximum of four people sharing OR return travel by rail or coach or car parking nearby; All visas; Porterage of luggage at port; Captain's Cocktail party. Photography of both ships is available on request
* Saga cruises are for people aged 50 and over. A travelling companion may be aged 40 or over.
* All prices quoted are subject to availability and are the lowest available at time of going to press
* Saga cruises are available direct and through branches of Thomas Cook
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.
Head of Communications, Saga Group Saga Holidayslisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior PR Manager, Insurance and Personal Financeangela.email@example.com
PR Manager, Saga Holidays and Cruisesnaomi.firstname.lastname@example.org