Saga Ruby will be hosting her very own 'Antiques Seashow' this autumn giving customers the opportunity to meet well-known experts who have appeared on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow, on a 16-night 'Mediterranean Highlights' cruise sailing from Southampton on October 17, 2008.
Activities on board will include lectures, valuation sessions and light-hearted quizzes, and a series of fascinating talks by well-known experts led by former Executive Producer of the BBC's Antiques Roadshow, Christopher Lewis. Having spent more than 40 years in broadcasting, 25 of those with the Roadshow, Christopher will have many behind the scenes stories to share.
Other Antiques Roadshow experts invited on board include author and gallery owner Christopher Wood. Christopher has a wealth of experience in the field of Victorian art, and his depth of knowledge of Pre-Raphaelite art, Gothic furniture and the arts and craft movement will make him an entertaining addition to the cruise.
George Archdale is also joining the cruise and during his presentation he will no doubt share a few trade secrets amassed during his 30 years in the auction business, while Ian Harris will impress the audience with his insights into jewellery and silver.
To add a different slant to the lectures, two further speakers have been invited on board: Commander Frank Feest, who followed a long and distinguished career in the British Navy, and academic art historian and author Dr Penny McCracken.
Holidaymakers joining the cruise are invited to bring along an heirloom, intriguing item from home or photograph of anything too large to bring on board for the team to identify and discuss. There will also be a chance to meet and chat with the star specialists, while enjoying the autumnal delights of Lisbon, Gibraltar, Rome, Florence, Toulon, Barcelona Malaga and La Coruna. Prices start from 1884 per person, based on 2 people sharing a guaranteed inside cabin, further terms and conditions apply.
For further information on Saga's cruises, visit our web site and book online at
www.saga.co.uk/travel-shop or call 0800 056 5880 to request a brochure
• Insurance and cancellation cover, unless you have your own in which case a price reduction is available
• Cabin accommodation and all meals
• Entertainment and activities
• Full use of on board facilities
• All gratuities on board
• All port taxes and porterage of luggage from departure point
• Included private car service up to 75 miles of the port, or a shared car service if you live between 76 and 250 miles of the port.
• Or, return standard class rail or coach travel to your departure port.
• Or, return domestic UK flights to Southampton, from selected airports, subject to
• Porterage of luggage at port
• All visas for full British citizens resident in the UK
Saga cruises are for people aged 50 and over. A travelling companion may be aged 40 or over.
All prices are the lowest available at time of going to press, include any applicable early booking discount and are subject to change and availability.
Saga cruises are available direct and through branches of Thomas Cook
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771118.