Saga offers garden enthusiasts the colours of the Canary IslandsMonday 11 August 2008
Saga offers garden enthusiasts the colours of the Canary Islands
Customers are invited to board Saga Rose this November to experience the gardens and wildlife of the Canary Islands. Leading horticulturists will accompany this garden-themed voyage, giving a number of talks and presentations about the flowers, shrubs and spices which will be encountered throughout the cruise.
Sailing from Southampton on 5 November 2008 for 15 nights, highlights of this 'Colours of the Canary Islands' cruise include the floral splendour of Madeira, 'La Isla Bonita' La Palma, the varied delights of Tenerife and Lanzarote's volcanic landscapes.
Experts on board include television and radio gardener Chris Beardshaw, who is emerging as one of the leading lights in the world of gardening both as a television presenter and ambassador. He is joined by Vincent Gradwell who has over 30 years experience managing parks as well as displaying at Chelsea and Southport shows and ornithologist David Parkin, who has served on scientific committees of the WWT and the council of the RSPB.
Ports of call include Madeira which is blessed with a pleasant year round climate and is known for its lush vegetation and wealth of tropical flowers. Passengers will also visit La Palma an island typified by lush forests of pine, laurel and fern, which contrast with the rugged splendour of the gigantic Taburiente crater. With the chance to see the unique landscapes of volcanic mountains, lava beds and salt flats in Accrecife, Lanzarote, this trip promises to be extremely diverse and enjoyable for any garden enthusiast.
Prices start from £2249 per person, based on 2 people sharing a guaranteed inside cabin, further terms and conditions apply.
For further details please call 0800 056 5880 or visit saga.co.uk/travelshop
• Insurance and cancellation cover, unless you have your own in which case an opt out price reduction is available
• Cabin accommodation and all meals
• Entertainment and activities
• Full use of on board facilities
• All gratuities on board
• All port taxes and porterage of luggage from departure point
• Included private car service if you live within 75 miles by road of your UK departure and arrival points, or Saga�0027;s new shared car service for those living within 76 and 250 miles of Southampton.
• Or, return standard class rail or coach travel to your departure port.
Or, return domestic UK flights to Southampton from selected airports.
• Saga cruises are for people aged 50 and over. A travelling companion may be aged 40 or over.
• All prices quoted are subject to availability and are the lowest available at time of going to press
• Saga cruises are available direct and through branches of Thomas Cook
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771118.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.