Saga Holidays, the UK's leading cruise operator for the over 50s, has announced four new itineraries departing from Liverpool in 2009, making it even easier for people from the North West to travel to many destinations in the northern hemisphere.
Recently celebrating her inaugural departure from Liverpool, Saga Rose will be sailing to exciting destinations such as Greenland, Iceland, Norway, and the Arctic Circle, throughout the summer of 2009.
Saga Rose's first voyage for 2009, To the Top of the World , departing June 22, is an incredible journey to the 'land of the midnight sun', offering the chance to experience the ethereal white nights of summer. Stopping at various ports in Spitsbergen and Norway, this fascinating 15-night cruise contrasts the beauty and wildlife of the Arctic with the greener landscapes of Norway's fjords.
Prices from 2583 per person based on two people sharing an inside cabin
Norway and the North Cape , departing July 7, spends 16-nights cruising around the North Cape under the glow of the midnight sun, calling at the spectacular snow-capped mountains of Geirangerfjord, the picturesque town of Troms and the enchanting fishing village of Maloy.
Prices from 2511 per person based on two people sharing an inside cabin
Another highlight of the new programme is Voyage to Iceland and Greenland , departing July 23, which explores the stunning geological features that make this region so unique. Customers will discover the glacial wilderness of Greenland, where they may be fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of whales or seals offshore, and visit the amazing Gullfoss waterfall in Iceland.
Prices from 2766 per person based on two people sharing an inside cabin
The unforgettable Ice, Fire and Fjords cruise, departing August 10, combines a journey to the dramatic geysers, bubbling mud pools and mighty waterfalls of Iceland with the majesty of Norway's fjords, also stopping to explore the ancient monuments of the Shetland and Orkney Islands.
For further details on Saga Rose please call 0800 056 5880 or visit www.saga.co.uk/travelshop
• Insurance and cancellation cover, unless you have your own in which case an opt out price reduction is available
• Cabin accommodation and all meals
• Entertainment and activities
• Full use of on board facilities
• All gratuities on board
• All port taxes and porterage of luggage from departure point
• Included private car service up to 75 miles of the port, or a shared car service if you live between 76 and 250 miles of the port.
• Or, return standard class rail or coach travel to your departure port.
• Or, return domestic UK flights, from selected airports to Manchester, subject to
• Porterage of luggage at port
• All visas for full British citizens resident in the UK
Saga cruises are for people aged 50 and over. A travelling companion may be aged 40 or over.
All prices are the lowest available at time of going to press, include any applicable early booking discount and are subject to change and availability.
Saga cruises are available direct and through branches of Thomas Cook
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771118.