Saga Insurance wins best customer service award and announces it is recruiting a further 50 customer services staff!Wednesday 20 May 2009
Saga Insurance wins best customer service award and announces it is recruiting a further 50 customer services staff!
- Saga Insurance wins best customer service award
- 98% of customers rate the service received by Saga as good or excellent
- Saga insurance holds an open evening to recruit an additional 50 staff for details of positions available call 01303 774888
Saga Insurance has been voted the best insurance business for customer service in an independent survey by the Institute of Customer Service. 24,000 people voted in the survey, scoring Saga highly in areas such as professionalism, timeliness, quality and efficiency.
Kent based Saga is regularly recognised by both its customers and consumer organisations for its commitment and dedication to placing customer service and value at the heart of its business. All staff are highly trained and receive ongoing guidance on how best to meet the needs and expectations of customers. This approach is highly valued by customers, in fact in a recent survey 98% rated the service provided by Saga’s contact centre staff as good, very good or excellent.
Sandra Smith, Director of Customer Service, Saga Insurance, commented: “We are delighted to have received this award, we continually strive to develop a centre of excellence for all aspects of customer service within our UK based contact centres and it is wonderful to be recognised in this way. 98% of our existing customers already rate our service as good or excellent and we are working hard on the other 2%!”
Saga strives to provide the friendly, honest, polite and understanding service its customers expect, furthermore calls are answered by people rather than automated answer machines to ensure a personal service is received. This dedication to doing things properly has seen Saga services business grow to such an extent that Saga recently purchased the former Eurotunnel building to house the additional staff that will be required to continue to delight our customers over the coming year.
Saga are currently in the process of recruiting additional team members to it’s insurance and services division, for information on the roles available please call 01303 774888 or attend the open evening being held at the Saga Building, Middelburg Square, Folkestone CT20 1AZ on Tuesday 3rd February 2009 between 4.30pm and 6.30pm.
Saga Insurance is part of the Saga Group, which is the UK’s leading provider of products and services specifically designed for people aged 50 and over. With over 2 million customers Saga provides insurance, financial services and holidays and publishes the award winning Saga Magazine.
About the Institute of customer service
The Institute of Customer Service (ICS) is the professional body for customer service whose primary purpose is to lead customer service performance and professionalism.
The ICS launched the UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) in 2007 and it is repeated every six months. This latest UKCSI is based on a sample of 24,000 adults surveyed online in late 2008.
It measured 20 individual factors of customer satisfaction that can be grouped into five attributes: professionalism, problem solving, timeliness, quality/ efficiency and easy to do business with.
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771529.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.
Head of Communications, Saga Group Saga Holidayslisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior PR Manager, Insurance and Personal Financeangela.email@example.com
PR Manager, Saga Holidays and Cruisesnaomi.firstname.lastname@example.org