Saga prompts over 50s to pack enough medicineWednesday 8 July 2015
Saga prompts over 50s to pack enough medicine for their trip to Greece
Saga Travel Insurance Senior Product Manager, Michelle Cooper, commented: “On average our customers have two pre-existing medical conditions and most will need to take regular medication to control these so they don’t fall ill.
“However, with all the troubles in Greece at the moment medical supplies are running low, so we’ve started calling and emailing the customers we know are planning to visit the country to remind them to pack more than enough medication, both prescribed and over the counter, in case their holiday has to be extended for any reason.
“We’re also encouraging our customers to call our special travel assistance helpline if they need advice before they go to Greece or while they’re there.”
This announcement comes after Saga Travel Insurance doubled its personal money cover from £300 to £600 for those travelling to Greece (until the end of July), because many restaurants and cafes are currently not accepting credit cards.
Notes to editors
About Saga Travel Insurance
Saga Travel Insurance is a Which? Recommended provider and Defaqto 5 star rated. It offers wide-ranging cover including:
• Cover for most pre-existing medical conditions
• Up to £10 million emergency medical cover, which can pay for your return home, if necessary
• Up to £10,000 cover (per person, per trip) should you or your travelling companion have to cancel or abandon your trip
• Up to £5,000 for lost, stolen or damaged baggage so you’re not left out of pocket
• 24-hour English-speaking travel assistance helpline for advice before and while you are away.
• Plus, Saga has no upper age limit.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.