Discover Africa's southern soul on a 3,200 mile adventure of a lifetimeTuesday 3 November 2015
New: Join 25-night safari four wheel drive through four African countries
Discover Africa’s southern soul on a 3,200-mile adventure of a lifetime
Journey in a 20-seater safari truck for a 3,200-mile epic road journey with Saga Holidays and travel through four African countries visiting South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
This 25-night grand adventure starts in Cape Town and during the tour guests stay in 14 different locations, from riverside and safari lodges to a unique bush camp and 4 star hotels.
All accommodation has been chosen for its comfort so after daily expeditions guests can relax and dine in stunning locations - and get a good night’s sleep.
Game drives feature in the itinerary including Namibia’s Etosha National Park where the endangered black rhino roams and Botswana’s Chobe National Park to watch for elephants, lion and leopard.Further highlights include:
- Exploring and sightseeing in Cape Town
- Visiting Ai-Ais hot springs en-route to Fish River Canyon
- Driving through Namib-Naukluft National Park via the Sesriem desert settlement
- Optional dolphin cruise in Swakopmund
- Bushman walk with members of the ancient San people
- Viewing the dunes and salt pan of Sossusvlei and clay pan of Deadvlei
- The Petrified Forest and the UNESCO Twyfelfontein rock engravings
- Burnt Mountain and the 'Organ pipes' of Damaraland
- Canoeing and a bush camp in the Okavango Delta
- The Makgadikgadi Pans, one of the largest salt pans in the world
- Sunset cruise in Chobe National park
- Two-night stay and tour of the Victoria Falls
The new Africa’s Southern Soul tour can booked northbound or southbound, starting in Cape Town and ending at the Victoria Falls or vice-versa. There is also an option to extend the holiday by two nights in Cape Town, staying at the Sunsquare Hotel (4Q) which close to Table Mountain.
For details visit travel.saga.co.uk/africa or call 0800 414 383
25 nights from £3,999 departing London Heathrow based on June 1, 2016. Departures are available January-June and October-November 2016. Price includes seven nights in hotels, 13 nights in lodges, three nights in camps and two nights in flight, VIP door-to-door chauffeur service, return flights, airport taxes, accommodation, 23 breakfasts, three lunches and 23 dinners, porterage, tour manager, optional travel insurance and additional cancellation rights or a discount of £60 if passenger has own insurance.
Saga Holidays is the winner of seven British Travel Awards 2014 including Best for Escorted Adventures and Best for Special Interests.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.