Prize draw Terms and Conditions
1) The prize draw is open to all UK residents over the age of 50 with a permanent UK address, except employees or retirees of Saga plc and its subsidiaries, their families or anyone connected with the prize draw.
2) The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. To enter, simply hand a fully completed form to a Saga employee at Saga’s Season Finale, Epsom Downs by the closing date ensuring you check your name and address. Once your preferences have been updated you will be entered into the draw.
3) Only one entry is permitted per person. Multiple entries will be discarded. No purchase is necessary. Entries close at 6pm on 30 September 2018. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
4) The winners will be chosen by a random draw supervised by an independent person on Tuesday 2 October 2018 ("Draw Date"). If a winner does not respond to Saga within 5 days of being notified by Saga, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Saga will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
5) The winners will be notified by email, telephone or post within 21 days of being selected.
6) The prize draw and prizes are organised and provided by Saga Group Limited (“Saga”). Saga is a limited company. Registered Address: Enbrook Park, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Registered in England No.638891.
7) By entering, if you are a winner, you give Saga permission to publish your name and home county, both online and in print.
8) The prize draw is governed by English Law and English jurisdiction.
9) Saga reserves the right to alter the prize draw, provided the equivalent prize is of an equivalent value.
10) Saga’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11) The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12) Entering the prize draw by updating your preferences is deemed acceptance of these rules.
13) The winners names may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: 'Saga’s Season Finale prize draw' at the registered address above.
14) Insofar as is permitted by law, Saga, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Saga, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15) Saga reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
16) Saga accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
For Maritime Cities of the Continent cruise
- The prize is for two people sharing an outside cabin on the Maritime Cities of the Continent cruise, departing Dover on 6 February 2019 aboard Saga Sapphire
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Accepting the prize will be subject to Saga's standard booking conditions.
- Travel insurance is not included. It is a condition of travel that all passengers are covered by sufficient insurance.
- The prize is supplied by ST&H Limited
For lunch aboard cruise ship
- The prize is for four people to eat lunch aboard a Saga cruise ship.
- The winner is entitled to lunch on board a Saga ship in the ports of Southampton or Dover.
- The winner must make their own way to the port. Free parking will be available at the part if the car registration details are supplied ahead of the visit.
For UK hotel stay
- This offer entitles customers to stay for one night, on a room only basis free of charge with no obligation to purchase meals or beverages.
- Bookings can only be made at participating hotels through MLP’s central reservations line – 01565 656 641. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Please note any bookings made directly with a hotel will not be honoured.
- Your night away booking code is valid for 18 months from the date it is issued.
- Bookings can only be made up to 14 days in advance of your stay. Please note that bookings requested on the same day as your stay will not be honoured.
- Your night away is based on two adults sharing a standard twin or double room. Where available. For an additional cost, you are welcome to upgrade your room, add additional nights or guests (e.g. to a family room). Prices for any extra nights, room upgrades and meals are subject to change. Please enquire at the time of booking for costs.
- There is no obligation to purchase any additional extras, for example, meals or beverages, however any additional costs will need to be settled with the hotel at the time of purchase or when checking out of the hotel.
- Please be aware that once you’ve booked your night away changes cannot be made to the date or venue. Such changes will be treated as a cancellation.
- If you cancel your booking, your unique booking code will become void. If you have paid for upgrades, extra nights, guests or meals and you cancel your booking your payment may not be refunded. This is at the hotels’ discretion.
- The terms and conditions of each hotel apply. If there any specific terms and conditions for the hotel you have chosen, you will be made aware of them when you call to book.
- Your booking is subject to the hotels’ availability for this offer. This offer excludes bookings for Public or Bank Holiday periods in the UK and Ireland and Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas and New Year periods. Availability may be limited during other key periods e.g. school holidays.
- A maximum of one unique booking code can be used on a single booking. Separate bookings, which are believed to be part of the same party, may not combine their unique booking code to create a consecutive night stay.
- Travel to the hotel and the cost of any travel or holiday insurance associated with the use of the ‘Luxury night away for two’ offer is not included.
- MLP or Saga accepts no liability for loss caused, damage to property or personal injury whilst on the premises of individual hotels, whether caused by the acts or omission of any third party.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions by either the participating hotels or MLP.
- No cash alternatives will be offered.
- This promotion is provided by MLP, The Stables, Home Farm, Mere, Cheshire WA16 0PX. Telephone 01565 656 641
For Saga Magazine subscriptions
- Winners will receive 12 issues of Saga Magazine over 12 months and subscriptions will begin with the next available issue after winners have been notified.
- Prizes limited to 20 one-year subscriptions.
- Please allow between 4-6 weeks for your first issue to arrive once notified of winning.
- This prize is available to UK residents only and is not available to current Saga Magazine subscribers.
- The prize is supplied by Saga Publishing Limited.
For signed autobiography
- Winners will receive one signed copy of Henry Blofeld’s autobiography.
- Prize limited to two copies of the signed autobiography.
- The prize is supplied by Saga Membership Limited.