Holiday home insurance

Saga Holiday Home Insurance is designed to give homeowners, aged 50 and over, the peace of mind they need when owning a property abroad.

Our wide-ranging cover includes:


  • UK based claims service
  • Option to insure contents, buildings or both
  • Overseas insurance taxes and payment to the relevant government department.

Quote IT601 when talking to one of our UK based advisers.

Holiday Home Icon


We can offer buildings and contents cover for your overseas holiday home. For more details about Saga Holiday Home Insurance, please use the links below...

Summary of cover

Saga Holiday Home Insurance is available for homes in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, their islands in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands, and we now also cover holiday homes in Bulgaria, Greece and Southern Cyprus. With policies written in English, Saga aims to protect those holiday home owners who feel uncomfortable liaising with insurance companies from abroad whose cover may be explained in a different language.

Please see the table below which features some examples of the cover we provide:

Buildings   Contents

Protection from loss of rent (where applicable) caused by an insured event

Up to 20% of the sum insured


Cover for temporary alternative accommodation if you suffer loss or damage to your holiday home, making it uninhabitable

Up to 20% of the sum insured

Up to 10% of the sum insured

Cover for your legal liability as owner of the holiday home, including its land

 Up to £5 million  cross

Public and personal liability, covering your legal liability as occupier of the property

 cross  Up to £5 million

Cover for your travel and accommodation costs if there is an emergency concerning your property

 Up to £1,000  cross

Garden ornaments and furniture

 cross  Up to £750

Replacement locks cover

 cross  Up to sum insured

Cover for your liability as tenant

 cross  Up to 20% of the sum insured

Cover for the trace and access of a water leak

 Up to £5,000  cross