We all get our kicks in different ways. Some of us like cooking. Others are keen gardeners. There’s even a surprising number out there who are prepared to embrace the chilly world of open water swimming. But one thing we can all agree on: the joys of telly.
1. A TV subscription service can cost more than £700 per year, but most of the best-loved shows are available for free.
2. Manhattan’s T3-R is just £169.99 and combines more than 85 Freeview TV channels with streaming services including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4.
3. You can record two shows at once or an entire series at the touch of a button, and store up to 300 hours of recordings.
4. Manhattan’s Freeview TV recorder boxes are easy to use and packed with features such as pausing and rewinding live TV.
5. The boxes are designed in the UK, for the UK. And all channels and streaming services available are subscription-free.
Whether you enjoy people in aprons worrying about soggy bottoms, nuns delivering babies in Poplar, or a former pop star belting out Eighties hits dressed as a sausage, there’s never been a better time to enjoy our little rectangular friend in the corner.
But the belief persists that to appreciate this golden age of TV, you need piles of gold yourself. Too many of us shell out hundreds every year to subscription TV in the mistaken view that this is the best way to access our favourite TV channels. Which is where Manhattan TV’s brilliant Freeview set-top boxes come in.
The Manhattan T3-R might sound like a Terminator-style cyborg assassin, but rather than ride motorbikes and wear leather, it will revolutionise your TV-watching life, without any monthly bills. For £169.99, the box provides viewers with 85 Freeview TV channels, as well as the streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, UKTV Play, My5, YouTube and more. From The Great British Bake Off to Planet Earth, viewers have access to 95% of the nation’s favourite TV, without any subscription fee. Not to mention 30,000 hours of on-demand programming.
The T3-R will also allow you to pause and rewind live TV, record two programmes simultaneously – or even an entire series at the touch of a button. And with 500GB of hard drive, you can store up to 300 hours of recordings, sorted by category and series.
Best of all, the Manhattan T3-R Freeview Play Smart Recorder is gloriously simple to use – you don’t need a PhD in electrical engineering to catch up with a spot of Corrie. Or to switch over quickly to Channel 4 News when anyone else comes into the room.
For more information, and to order a box, visit manhattan-tv.com. What are you waiting for? Manhattan TV – it’s time to switch.
The information in this article has been provided to Saga by our partners. Readers remain responsible for determining if this product is suitable for their needs. Saga does not endorse this product and cannot accept liability for any loss arising from the information herein.