Every once in a while you should do something in life that is invigorating and life defining. In your salad days, this can be something like a gap year or starting your own business.
As time progresses, these special moments may include starting a family or joining a club.
As your golden years unfold, you should consider your dream holidays. A cruise around the Caribbean aboard an elegant ship is something we believe everyone should experience at least once.
For the ultimate holiday that will provide real talking points on the phone, at the golf course, or at a dinner party, start thinking about what your trip might entail.
Tempted by an ocean cruise around the Caribbean? Find out more here
Relaxing in chauffeured style
To start your dream holiday off on the right foot, take advantage of Saga’s VIP Door to Door service. There’s no need to mess around arranging a driver or calling a cab company when we can take care of your transportation for you.
You’ll be taken directly to your port or airport, and will be picked up from the same location when you’re ready to go home. Although, if you prefer to take your own prized car to the departure point, we will take care of the parking fees as part of the service.
Waving goodbye to long-haul flights...
The most affordable cruise trips involve a long-haul flight to the Caribbean, followed by a fortnight’s cruise around the islands, and then another long-haul flight home.
This is obviously a perfectly acceptable way to travel. However, for a classic cruise experience, real consideration should be given to a full cruise aboard your ship departing from Southampton.
These traditional cruises last a month or more, and allow you to set sail and start enjoying the ship’s amenities without the hustle and bustle of island visits.
It’s an infinitely more leisurely way to travel, and offers more time for relaxation and contemplation aboard your ship.
Take a month out in the Caribbean on a cruise with Saga. Find out more here
...and saying hello to luxurious distractions
Of course, Saga cruise ships feature a range of entertainment for both days and nights, meaning there will be plenty of pleasant distractions as you make your way across the Atlantic.
You’ll be able to enjoy the swimming pool and indulge with spa treatments.
There’s a library if you want to catch up on a good book, or you might even want to start writing your memoirs without disturbance.
Last, but by no means least, there’s the bar and dining areas, which will be replete with sumptuous snacks and refreshing tipples. Speaking of which…
Being free from restaurant bills
Imagine eating and drinking and not having to even consider a bill at the end of the journey.
Well, two of Saga’s best Caribbean cruises are all inclusive, meaning you can delight in delicious fare throughout your trip knowing everything is already covered.
Discovering delightful destinations
Take your pick from a variety of must-see Caribbean destinations, which are available in our luxury no-fly cruise holiday collection.
There are a huge number of places to explore on our ships, from leading tourist destinations and former British colonies like Barbados to the relatively unspoiled beauty of places like Montserrat or Martinique. Some lesser known gems to consider include:
- Aruba: a top spot to indulge yourself at one of the island’s casinos, or investigate the unique landscape that is more desert-like than most forested Caribbean Islands.
- Bermuda: well-known, but noteworthy because strong British ties mean you can enjoy afternoon tea and cricket matches, Caribbean-style – skilled linksmen should test themselves on the first-class golf courses.
- British Virgin Islands: a must-visit for those who prefer their beaches and restaurants to be more exclusive than most – the BVI are less developed but more refined as a result.
- Curaçao: perfect for relaxing with a daiquiri from a seafront bar, or exploring the warm coastal waters with a snorkel if you like to stay active.
- St Martin-Sint Maarten: travel between French and Dutch territory in minutes on this dual governed island, and experience two different cultures in the same hour.
- St Lucia: explore luscious landscapes at this stunning island that is a favourite with honeymooners of all ages – jazz aficionados should try to visit in spring for the annual jazz festival.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: a haven for sailors and explorers, rent a boat and explore remote and secluded islands with verdant slopes and idyllic beaches. There are 32 to choose from!
- Turks and Caicos: blessed with natural beauty, these islands offer you world-renowned beaches, reefs teeming with wildlife, and spectacular limestone caves.
Whether you prefer learning about the colonial history of sugar plantations on Saint Kitts or exploring the volcanic slopes of Nevis, you’ll find attractions scattered across the Caribbean.
Of course, some of the more expansive cruises on offer even visit Central America or travel around the world, so your possibilities are almost limitless!
Read more about the beautiful Caribbean and its Islands
Booked your holiday? Protect it from the moment you buy Saga's Travel Insurance.