Win a dream cruise to the Norwegian fjords
Saga Magazine is offering one lucky winner and their travelling companion the chance to join our Magic of the Fjords seven-night cruise, which sails from Dover on 4 October 2022 aboard Spirit of Discovery. Enjoying your own balcony cabin, you’ll cruise along Norway’s longest fjord, the Sognefjord, to reach the villages of Flåm and Skjolden before concluding your adventure in medieval Bergen. Prize draw closes 31 August 2022.
Included in the prize:
Chauffeur service up to 250 miles each way to and from Dover • All inclusive: all meals and drinks on board including a choice of wines at lunch and dinner and beers, house wines, spirits, cocktails and soft drinks in any of the ship’s bars • Four sightseeing excursions (subject to availability) • Travel insurance (conditions apply) • Afternoon teas • All gratuities • 24-hour room service • Wi-Fi • Gym, sauna and exercise classes • Porterage of luggage.
Links to more information:
More about Magic of the Fjords cruise
More about Spirit of Discovery
Terms and Conditions:
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter (see condition 20), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and understand the eligibility requirements for the prize (see conditions 7, 8, 9 and 12 below).
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via www.saga.co.uk/prize and only one entry per household is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 12.00am on Tuesday 19th July 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm on Wednesday 31st August 2022. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or submitted, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical fault, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure, of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw from all qualifying entries, performed by a computer process on Thursday 1st September 2022 ("Draw Date").
- The winner will receive an all-inclusive cruise for two people aboard Saga Cruises’ ‘Magic of the Fjords’ 7-night cruise departing on 4th October 2022 from Dover and returning to Dover on 11th October 2022. The lead passenger must be aged 50 or over and their travel companion must be aged 40 or over. The prize includes:
- one standard twin or double balcony cabin;
- all meals and drinks on board;
- four excursions (subject to availability);
- chauffeur driven service up to 250 miles each way to and from Dover (UK mainland only);
- all on board gratuities; and
- travel insurance (subject to condition 8 below).
The prize does not include food and drink on excursions, spending money or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the lead passenger.
Travel insurance is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited which provides up to £5m emergency and repatriation cover for a variety of medical conditions including coronavirus. Further details about Saga’s travel insurance are available at: https://travel.saga.co.uk/travel-insurance.aspx. Please note that cover is subject to medical screening questions that Saga will ask the lead passenger about themselves and their companion prior to confirming the booking. The lead passenger must have their companion’s permission to disclose any information to Saga. If cover cannot be provided, the lead passenger and their travelling companion will still be able to travel provided they arrange, at their own cost, their own travel insurance and provide Saga with satisfactory evidence that they are adequately covered. If travel insurance cannot be obtained, the winner may transfer their prize to a friend or family member (see condition 12). Please note, the lead passenger and their companion must be covered by either Saga’s included travel insurance or their own travel insurance in order to travel.
The prize is subject to Saga Cruises Limited’s booking conditions. The lead passenger and their companion must be available to travel, hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents and have complied with any vaccination requirements (including against COVID-19) for the cruise in question, on the travel dates specified.
The prize is supplied by Saga Cruises Limited, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) by Friday 2nd September 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
The prize is non-exchangeable, no cash alternative is offered, and it cannot be transferred to an alternative sailing date or otherwise amended. If the winner and their companion are unable to travel on the relevant sailing dates for any reason (including, for example, as a result of not being able to arrange adequate travel insurance if Saga’s included travel insurance is declined by the insurer), the winner may transfer the prize to a friend or relative on the same terms as set out in these conditions and subject to Saga Cruises Limited’s booking conditions.
The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Saga Magazine Editor, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Draw Date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The Promoter of this prize draw is Saga Publishing Limited of Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE.