Pearls of Wisdom presented by Julie Peasgood
08 Jul 2020
Julie Peasgood is a television presenter, actor and voice-over artist. She was with the RSC for five years before finding fame in the soap operas Brookside, Hollyoaks and Emmerdale.
Share this article
Special guests with special thoughts to share.
A stitch in time saves nine… Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth… Proverbs like these are drilled into us at an early age and can be considered universal Pearls of Wisdom.
However, other pearls are more personal and unusual. They may be unique words of advice handed down by parents, or insights gained through individual experiences and circumstances.
These gems of knowledge can be valuable and inspiring for others. That’s why, during the UK’s 2020 lockdown, Saga’s #notgoingoutclub teamed up with presenter Julie Peasgood. She asked some special friends to share their personal Pearls of Wisdom.
Julie’s interviews are enlightening encounters with some of our most popular famous faces. So why not join her now to see what you discover?
Just before they launch their drama workshops for the #notgoingoutclub, these busy theatre directors share some inspiring thoughts with Julie Peasgood. The duo have worked in television, film and radio, starred in Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Brookside – and managed to stay married!
As Cindy Beale in Eastenders, Michelle’s life took many memorable turns. Sunburn and Can’t Buy Me Love showcased her versatility in a career packed with great performances. Discover more about Michelle in this interview with Julie Peasgood and the #notgoingoutclub.
How to avoid a hangover? That’s one handy tip you’ll learn from this engaging interview with entertainment journalist Sharon. She also tells the #notgoingoutclub how she became a screenwriter for Emmerdale and Eastenders. If you fancy becoming a writer yourself, check out our course with Tony McHale.
The presenter chef of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch also owns 16 restaurants, so he’s faced considerable challenges with the lockdown. What worldly advice does he have to help us make the best of things? Simon tells Julie and the #notgoingoutclub today.
Episode archive - click the links below to watch
- Russell T Davies – the successful screenwriter and producer (Dr Who, A Very English Scandal) shares the advice that transformed his career.
- Katherine Parkinson – the BAFTA-winning actor from The IT Crowd and Humans talks about how our energy and attitude can affect others.
- Rosemary Shrager – the exuberant TV chef talks about the simple rules she tries to live by, and shares a delicious crackers recipe.
- Joanne Clifton – the professional dancer, singer, actor, presenter and Strictly Come Dancing star shares her life lessons.
- Dame Esther Rantzen – the journalist, tv presenter, campaigner and Childline founder talks about the philosophies that help her tackle today's issues.
- Sir Michael Palin – the celebrated comedian, actor, writer, travel adventurer and Monty Python legend shares his life lessons.
- Toyah Willcox – the multitalented artist, actor and storyteller shares how she is dealing with her biggest-ever tour being thwarted by the lockdown.
- Michel Roux – the award-winning chef describes how it feels to lock down a world-famous restaurant like Le Gavroche.
- Jennie Bond – the former royal correspondent for the BBC shares life lessons learned through a diverse career in broadcasting and journalism.
- Eric Knowles – the antique ceramics expert shares the best advice he's ever been given.
Like this article? Share it!