Save up to £200 on a stay at Juan de la Cosa in Spain
Exclusive Possibilities member's price from:
Seven nights from £599 per person (
£729) based on 1 April 2020 departure from London Gatwick
14 nights from £1,049 per person (
£1,249) based on 1 April 2020 departure from London Gatwick
Note: Discount applied during check out. Offers are also available on departures between April 2020 - October 2020, with flights from alternative regional airports, however prices do vary so please call for details.
Juan de la Cosa
Experience the essence of true Spain with a stay at this small and friendly hotel in Santoña.
Highlights of the holiday include:
- experiencing a warm welcome at this small and friendly hotel
- enjoying all inclusive value which is exclusive to Saga
- tasting authentic dishes from Cantabria. The hotel owners, Felipe and Margot, pride themselves on their regional dishes
- venturing deep into the Picos de Europa mountains and national park on an optional trip.
Santoña’s renowned two-kilometre Playa de Berria beach is a hop, skip and jump away from the small and friendly Juan de la Cosa, a locally rated 4-star hotel run by the Santillana-Astuy family.
The hotel has a fantastic setting on the renowned two-kilometre beach of Playa de Berria and offers the perfect opportunity for relaxation. Plus, you’re well placed for exploring this charming region: scenic walking trails lead right from the hotel’s doorstep and there are birdwatching opportunities at a nearby reserve. The hotel is two kilometres from the centre of the typically Spanish town of Santoña which can be reached by local bus (Saga guests receive free bus tickets).
Here you’ll enjoy an authentic Spanish experience as you browse the shops, cafes and restaurants. There’s plenty to do in the area, from relaxing on the splendid beach and sampling delicious food, to exploring the mountains and discovering age-old villages and historic cities such as Santander and Bilbao. Golf is also available nearby. Bilbao airport is an hour’s drive away and Santander port is a 45-minute drive away.
Cruising to Spain - SAVE up to £150
If you prefer not to fly, our cruise departures offer another alternative. Departing from Portsmouth in the evening, you can look forward to a relaxing overnight cruise to Santander aboard Brittany Ferries’ Pont Aven. Then, following your 5 or 12-night stay at your hotel, you can cruise back from Santander to Portsmouth overnight. Prices and holiday inclusions do vary please call for details.
Walking holidays are also available. Save up to £230. Prices and holiday inclusions do vary, so please call for details.
Holiday features include:
- all inclusive, only available with Saga
- all breakfasts, tapas/snack lunches and à la carte dinners
- free bar open 12 hours a day with a wide range of spirits including premium drinks
- optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch and additional cancellation rights on overseas holidays for over 50s, or a price reduction if not required (cover is subject to medical questions)
- return flights and transfers
- 20kg checked-in luggage
- two included excursions and an additional two excursions on holidays of 14 nights or longer
- free local bus tickets to Santoña
- two Dedicated Saga Hosts from 2020
- free hotel Wi-Fi.
To book call Saga on 0800 302 9753