Shares are high-risk investments. Share prices and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the full amount invested. Past performance should not be taken as indication of future returns. This service is not suitable for everyone. If you have any doubt whether it is suitable for you, you should obtain advice from a financial adviser. Saga Share Direct is an execution-only service, which means we do not offer advice.
Following the results of the EU Referendum, the market is likely to be more volatile over the next few days, so we are expecting an increase in the number of investors wishing to trade or check their portfolios. We would therefore appreciate your patience if the website is slower to respond, or it takes a little longer to answer your call.
What is it?
Saga Share Direct offers flexible trading with competitive charges, whether you prefer to trade online or by phone. You can also benefit from a wealth of free-to-access information, education tools and research compiled by industry experts.
Saga Share Direct is provided by Equiniti Financial Services Limited.
How does it work?
Depending on your needs there are two accounts available to choose from:
Nominee Dealing Account
A Nominee Dealing Account offers the convenience of fast, efficient trading where investments are held on your behalf by Equiniti. You can then buy and sell shares quickly and easily, using the online service or by phone.
Offers all the benefits of a Nominee account, but with the added bonus of the holdings within it (subject to standard ISA limits) being held in a tax efficient wrapper.
- Trade from as little as £9.75 per online trade when you conduct 10 or more trades per quarter or £11.95 if you trade less frequently.
- No annual account management or fees for inactivity.
Choose from a Nominee Dealing Account or a Shares ISA, where your investments are held electronically and you can access your account 24 hours a day.
- Access a range of investments including, equities (shares), bonds, ETFs and more.
- Place limit, stop and trailing stop orders at no extra cost, giving you more control over the prices you deal at.
- Access to IPOs and new bond issues.
Regular Investment service for just £1.50 per stock per month.
- Dividend reinvestments (charged at 1% - minimum £1.00, maximum £7.50).
- View a round-up of news, tips, recommendations and director dealing information.
- Set price alerts, so you receive a notification (e-mail or SMS) when your choice of stock reaches a certain price.
- Top stock list – a selection of company fundamentals, including such factors as dividend yield and broker recommendations, to assist in your investment selections.
Performance tables – review market and company performance based on a variety of factors.
Heat maps – use our quick and easy heat map tool to identify opportunities and risks across a selection of markets.
Risers and fallers – see quickly and easily which companies are having a good – or bad – performance day.
- Corporate actions – an ‘at a glance’ view of current and upcoming corporate actions.
- Charting – use a variety of charting tools to view the performance of companies and markets over a time period of your choice.
- Test out your trading ideas with our 'virtual portfolio' - learn what the best strategies are and try to avoid costly mistakes whilst using £10,000 of virtual money.
- Keep an eye on key investments and stock market indices with our 'watchlists' facility. Set your preferences and receive alerts by e-mail.
How it can help
New to investing
Saga Share Direct provides a range of educational information to help you understand how to use the service, and also provides some ideas about how you might want to invest. Whilst the service cannot provide you with advice or make recommendations about where to invest your money, the wealth of information provided aims to give you the comfort to make your own investment decisions.
If you are an experienced trader or are interested in the more advanced and technical aspects of self-investing, you will find Saga Share Direct’s range of tools and analysis invaluable. By using tools and information taken from market-leading providers, such as Digital Look, you can quickly and easily find equities that fit your specific criteria or analyse an entire market segment in one simple screen.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a Saga Share Direct Account you must be:
- a UK resident
- aged 50 or over
What else may be relevant?
Frequently asked questions
Yes, though not for Shares ISAs.
Yes. Having paperwork from a variety of providers can be troublesome and time consuming to manage. That’s why Saga Share Direct makes it easy for you to transfer to us. Click here for more information.
Opening an account is very simple, click here and follow the instructions, or call 0800 015 9151 to request an application form in the post. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
This depends on the type and frequency of your trading, but can be as little as £9.75 per trade depending on how many times you have traded in the previous quarter. Click here for details of our charges.
There are no costs for opening a Saga Share Direct account, regardless of which one you choose.
You can deal in UK and international shares, gilts, bonds, Exchange traded products, funds, warrants, unit trusts, OEICs.
There are a range of tools and news stories to provide you with valuable company and market insight. Such as:
Terms and Conditions
For customer terms and conditions, please click here.
Investment Risk Warnings
For specific investment risk warnings, please click here.
Best Execution Policy
For Saga Share Direct’s Best Execution Policy, please click here.
To view the above documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Fees and charges
Saga Share Direct does not charge annual account management fees for any of its accounts; however, underlying investments may have their own individual fees, which will be shown in the key information for those investments.
For further details about the charges payable, please click here.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
For details of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme click here.
Who is the provider and how are they regulated?
Saga Share Direct is a registered trading name of Acromas Financial Services Limited. Saga Share Direct is provided and operated by Equiniti Financial Services Limited whose registered office is Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA. Equiniti Financial Services Limited is part of the Equiniti Group. Equiniti Financial Services Limited is registered in England and Wales with No. 6208699 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Equiniti Financial Services Limited is a member firm of the London Stock Exchange.
You may also be interested in