Christmas caravanningThursday 10 December 2009
- A third of caravan owners will use their caravans to house guests at Christmas
- 41% of caravan owners use their caravans for winter holidays
- One in eight Britons would retreat to a caravan for peace and quiet
- Two thirds of caravanners are over-50*
Caravan owners make the most of their caravans in the off-season says research by Saga Caravan Insurance*. A third (32%) use them to house some of the relatives descending for Christmas, however only one in ten (9%) British adults say they would be happy to stay in a caravan when visiting friends or family over the festive period!
Christmas can be notoriously stressful and the research shows that almost a quarter (23%) of British caravanners like the idea of using a caravan to escape from the madness for some peace and quiet. A further 6% would retreat to their caravan following a row with their partner and (3%) would be happy to use a caravan as a space for children or grandchildren to hang out in while they got on with preparing lunch.
Caravanners are a hardy lot and despite the cold weather, almost half (41%) of caravan owners use their vehicles to get away during the winter months. Like motoring, caravanning during the winter months need not be an issue as long as people exercise caution and drive sensibly.
With Saga Caravan Insurance, your caravan will be covered whatever the weather, even if it is being lent it to friends and family.
Saga Caravan Insurance includes**-
· Loss or damage to your caravan or contents
· New for old cover – your caravan and equipment are insured on a new for old basis up to five years with our silver policy and up to 12 years with Saga’s gold policy
· Equipment and awnings are covered – some of the more expensive items include solar panels, fridges, toilet tents and caravan movers
· £2 million of liability cover
*Research carried out by Opinium Research from an online poll of 2,008 British adults between 28th to 31st October 2009.
** subject to policy terms and conditions
For more information please contact the Saga Press Office on 01303 771529
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.