Saga Home Insurance present at BBC Gardeners' World Live! NEC Birmingham 10th - 14th JuneTuesday 12 May 2009
Saga Home Insurance present at BBC Gardeners' World Live! NEC Birmingham 10th - 14th June
- Enter a free prize draw at the Saga stand to win a cruise* worth over £3,000 · First 100 entrants per day win a free flask
- For more information on the Saga Garden Cover, call 0800 068 8719 or visit www.saga.co.uk/home
As many garden enthusiasts plan to visit BBC Gardeners’ World Live at the Birmingham NEC next month (10th – 14th June), Saga Home Insurance reminds people to keep their own gardens safe.
Recent research conducted by Saga Home Insurance has shown that June and July are the most popular months for pernicious pot pinchers leading to a growth in Garden Insurance claims. The cost of replacing items stolen from gardens can cost on average £378**.
Saga Home Insurance offers a Garden cover add-on for customers for just an extra £30, to cover plants, shrubs, vegetables, turf and lawns, rockeries, tools, equipment and garden furniture. The policy will also cover damage caused by smoke, fire, vandals and wild animals.
Saga suggests that people carry out a Garden Security Spring clean and do the following-
· Write their postcode, with an ultraviolet waterproof pen, on valuable items such as tools, machinery, BBQ’s
· Check sheds and gates for deterioration over the winter months and make suitable repairs if necessary
· Padlocks, screws and fastenings may have rusted, replace if needed
· Do a garden inventory – you might be surprised at how much your garden items are worth!
· Take photos of valuable items to keep in case they are stolen
· Check your Home Insurance policy to make sure you have adequate cover for your garden items
Notes to Editors -
Garden cover provides up to £1,500 towards replacing your shrubs, trees and hedges and a further £2,000 by extending your cover to your garden contents in the open under your contents policy.
We will also contribute up to £2,500 for professional garden-design fees and expenses incurred to return your garden to its former condition if damaged.
* A 7 night “Magic of Norway” cruise, aboard the Saga Ruby. The cruise departs on 28th August 2009 from Dover and accomodation will be in an F grade cabin.
** All data based on 924 Garden Insurance claims from March 2000-Feb 2009.
For further press information please contact the Saga Press Office on: 01303 771529.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.