saga travel stronger than ever as it celebrates diamond anniversaryWednesday 23 November 2011
Saga Travel stronger than ever as it celebrates Diamond Anniversary
Five Top Suggestions for 2012 Global Adventures
23 November 2011 is a big day for Saga Travel – it is our diamond birthday. Back in 1951, we were created to offer affordable off-peak package holidays to Folkestone that cost £6 10s, and included full board, return travel, and day trips to France.
Now Saga Travel offers holidays throughout the year to destinations all over the world, from Borneo and Bhutan to St Lucia and South Africa, via Morocco and Madagascar, but always with the same ethos as in 1951: a commitment to trust, quality and dependability, and the belief that nothing is too much trouble for us when it comes to our customers.
Since the 1990’s the big 5 0 has been the point for joining the ranks of the eligible, and those ranks have been swelled this year by Jim Carey, Jon Bon Jovi, Toms Cruise and Ford, Demi Moore and Eddie Izzard. Their only dilemma in this landmark birthday year will be short listing destinations in the Saga Holidays’ portfolio.
Short listing might be hard, but since we’ve had years to perfect what we do, here are our five top suggestions:
· St Lucia – Bel Jou: offering views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea, the Bel Jou offers the levels of service and quality that Saga customers have come to expect, rating their overall holiday experience at an amazing 98 per cent.
· South Africa – World in One Country: the perfect safari experience, offering the chance of seeing the “big five” along with a visit to the mountain kingdom of Swaziland as a three-night stay in Cape Town.
· Thailand – Kamala Beach Resort: Brand new for 2012, this stylish hotel offers outstanding value and a fantastic location on the west coast of Phuket. A relaxing holiday with the chance to explore the friendly island.
· Spain - Parador De Salamanca: Salamanca is Spain’s oldest university city and a jewel in the Spanish Crown. The Parador is set on a hillside amid pleasant, peaceful gardens with stunning views across the Tormes River to the historic city centre, which is easy to access and explore
· Croatia – Coastal Cruising: the coast of Croatia offers stunning views, beautiful islands and historic cities to explore, and all with a wonderful year round climate. In addition to the popular Dalmatian Island Explorer and Adriatic Coastal Explorer, 2012 sees in the introduction of the new Croatian Island Explorer, which includes the four fascinating islands of Krk, Rab, Losinj and Cres.
Just like the over-fifties today, Saga Holidays isn’t a fan of compromise on life’s treats, but we are a fan of having cake and eating all of the remaining slices: value with service, choice with expertise and adventure above all else!
So, for our birthday boys and girls, here’s a handy “Did You Know” list:
• We’re the only company to cater exclusively for and evolve with Britain’s over-fifties. That’s a lot of experience, a lot of memories…and a lot of knowledge about how to do holidays properly.
• Our superior service is renowned and we’ve celebrated our third consecutive win from the readers of Which? Magazine. We’re already working on reasons to earn a fourth.
• We continue investing in our products and this year introduced our VIP Door To Door Travel Service – A fleet of vehicles and experienced drivers waiting to chauffeur customers from their door to the airport and return on all Travellers World holidays.
• Fairs Fare – Never be out of pocket. We’ve a very simple price promise: If the price of your holiday comes down once booked, we’ll pass on the saving. That’s it.
• Our “No Surprise” policy, ensure all surprises are kept to the nice ones (orang-utans, penguins, the big five) because we include big stuff in our holiday price – insurance, visas and taxes as minimum.
• In 2012, our fourth ship Saga Sapphire sets sail with iPads, hot tubs and an open air cinema aboard.
• Our not-for-profit volunteer holidays in St Lucia, Sri Lanka and Nepal have seen us partner with our customers to change lives, and raise over one million pounds for the Saga Charitable Trust and for further initiatives in the communities we visit.
Please visit the website for full details, prices and availability.
www.sagaholidays.co.uk or tel: 0800 414 383.
For media enquiries please contact: Carl Catterall, Travel Communications Manager
Tel: 01303 771118 Email: email@example.com
• Saga Travel is part of the Saga Group, which is the UK’s leading provider of holidays, products and services specifically designed for people aged 50 and over. With more than 2 million customers, Saga provides insurance, financial services and holidays and publishes the monthly Saga Magazine.
• Saga Holidays are available exclusively for people aged 50 and over, with a travelling partner of 40 or over. Single rooms are available at no extra cost on many hotel stays and tours. If we reduce the price of a holiday once it has been confirmed, we will automatically pass the value of the saving on to customers which ensures that early bookers never miss out. This is our price promise. We also guarantee that the price of a holiday will not be subject to any surcharges, regardless of what may happen to fuel prices or exchange rates.
• VIP door-to-door travel service is available to anyone in mainland England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Wight and Channel Islands. We are not currently able to offer the service to those in the Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Sark or the Isles of Scilly. Saga reserves the right to select the most appropriate form of transport and/or domestic airport for your journey, and the right to refuse the chauffeur service is at our discretion.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.