Saga wins best specialist small cruise line at British Travel Awards - and here's whyTuesday 2 December 2014
Saga has scooped the British Travel Award title for the Best Specialist Small Ship Cruise Line. Saga Cruises left other companies in the shadows because with Saga everything is taken care - from the minute guests leave their front door.
Saga wins best specialist small cruise line at British Travel Awards - and here's why
The Saga cruise price includes a myriad of extras that often come at an additional price on other cruise lines, so it’s no wonder 98% of Saga passengers describe their cruise as 'good' or 'excellent'.
Elegant 700-passenger Saga Sapphire and 400-passenger Saga Pearl II are small, friendly and intimate ships yet boast spacious and comfortable lounges, bars and dining areas. The ships also get into the heart of destinations that many other ships cannot reach, including Venice.
Here’s 20 reasons to demonstrate that, while Saga ships may be small, they are big on value and why 75% of customers choose to sail with us time and time again:
1. Door-to-door chauffeur service to the port and return, up to 250 miles each way
2. Free shuttle bus from the ship’s port to the nearest town, if the distance is more than 500 yards
3. Travel insurance and additional cancellation cover
4. 24-hour room service
5. Ratio of two crew to three passengers
6. All onboard gratuities included
7. Free wifi
8. Free fitness classes and use of fully equipped gym
9. Daily classes, quizzes and activities
10. Free sauna and solarium
11. Inside and outside pools
12. Porterage of luggage
13. Full evening entertainment programme including guest musicians and comedians
14. Free lectures by A-list authors, historians, celebrity gardeners & wildlife experts
15. Bridge visits to meet the captain, plus captain’s welcome cocktail party
16. Themed cruises – including food, wine, music, literary, arts, gardens, architecture & history
17. Fine dining – choose from buffet or waiter service, plus barbecues when weather permits
18. Full afternoon tea each day
19. Thermos-cooled water in each cabin and bottled water on all shore excursions
20. 24-hour quality tea and freshly ground-bean coffee
For details call free on 0800 056 8986 or visit travel.saga.co.uk/cruises
Saga Holidays holds seven British Travel Awards including Best Specialist Small Ship Cruise Line; Best Holiday Company to Western Europe; to South East Asia; to Central and South America; Best for Escorted Adventures; Special Interests and Best for Singles.
Share this page
The Saga Group Communications Team only deal with enquiries from the media.
If you're not a journalist, visit our contact us page for a full list of telephone numbers.
Head of Communications, Saga Group Saga Holidayslisa.email@example.com
Senior PR Manager, Insurance and Personal Financeangela.firstname.lastname@example.org
PR Manager, Saga Holidays and Cruisesnaomi.email@example.com