Preparation Time Chicken with lemon and butternut squash
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 butternut squash, about 1kg (2lb), peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken thighs, butternut squash, onion wedges and 6 of the garlic cloves in a single layer in a large roasting tin (or use 2 medium tins).
- Grate the rind from 1 lemon and squeeze the juice and set aside. Slice the other into wedges and add to the roasting tin.
- Crush or finely chop the remaining garlic and mix with the lemon rind and juice, honey and oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle over the rosemary and season with black pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Kcals 336 (1408 Kj)
Saturated Fat 4g
Skinning the chicken thighs before cooking them would reduce the amount of fat by 7g and saturated fat by 2g.
Recipes taken from Foods Facts & Recipes: High Blood Pressure (ISBN: 0-600-61183-3) published by Hamlyn, priced at £12.99. To order a copy please contact Littlehampton Book Services on 01903 828 500.