Why not treat yourself to a special day out this summer reliving the golden age of steam travel? We’ve teamed up with The Railway Touring Company to offer readers a saving of £10 per person on a memorable journey in the company of a magnificent historic steam locomotive.
Step on board ‘The Dorset Coast Express’ to Bournemouth and Weymouth, ‘The Royal Duchy’ to Plymouth, Fowey or Charleston or ‘The West Somerset Steam Express’ to Minehead and enjoy a fun day of steam, sand and sea. Alternatively, Chester and York make for fascinating days out or choose a spectacular steam journey up into Snowdonia, along the beautiful North Wales coast or over the world famous Settle & Carlisle Line.
Here’s what to do:
- Visit The Railway Touring Company’s website to check out the ‘UK Day Trips’ on offer.
- Make your choice from three travel options: Standard (reserved seats usually at a table for four); First Class (morning coffee & pastry and a scrumptious afternoon tea); or for a truly luxurious treat Premier Dining (full English breakfast and a four course lunch or dinner silver served at your seat).
- Book on line or by phone quoting Saga’s special Promotional Code 'PSI'
- Then, step on board your train, sit back and enjoy the scenery as you steam to your destination
To enjoy your £10 per person saving, simply visit The Railway Touring Company or call 01553 661500 and as you book enter the Promotional Code 'PSI'.
Don't forget the small print
1. Offer open to Saga members and up to three guests 2. This £10 per person discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or existing booking. 3. This offer holds no monetary value. 4. The discount applies to UK Day Trips departing before 30th September, 2017, subject to availability and booked by 22nd September, 2017. 5. The Railway Touring Company’s Standard Conditions of Booking and Travel apply – see brochure or website for details. 5. Code PSI must be quoted at time of booking.
The Railway Touring Company, 14a Tuesday Market Place, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE 30 1JN