6 Reasons to choose the Saga Equity Release Advice Service
1. Expert advice with no advice fee
Whether or not you choose to purchase equity release through the Saga Equity Release Advice Service, you won't have to pay a fee for the advice. If you decide to take out a plan, JRS will pay us an introductory fee, so you have nothing to lose by contacting the advice service. Equity release isn't right for everyone, so if your adviser believes it's not suitable, he or she will tell you.
2. No obligation to proceed
There is no obligation for you to continue with your enquiry any further than you are comfortable with. If at any point you wish to stop the process, you can simply let us know.
3. Free state benefits check
If you book an appointment, your financial situation will be reviewed to assess whether equity release may be suitable for you or whether there may be a better option. This will include an assessment of your eligibility for state benefits.
4. Access to a range of carefully selected plans and providers
The Saga Equity Release Advice Service provides you with access to a range of carefully selected plans and providers. Your adviser will recommend the product best suited to your individual needs and circumstances so you can feel assured you have access to the product that is right for you.
5. Exclusive access to the Saga Equity Release Plan
This plan offers one of the best rates in the market and, unlike many plans, has no set-up or valuation fees. The plan has been designed with our customers in mind and is only available directly through the Saga Equity Release Advice Service, so you won’t be able to access it through any other company. Your adviser will let you know if the Saga Equity Release Plan is the most suitable for your individual circumstances. The Saga Equity Release Plan is provided by Just Retirement Limited.
6. The assurance of an established well-known company
Saga has been providing carefully chosen financial products for more than 25 years, supported by a high standard of service. We thoroughly researched equity release before introducing it to our customers so this should give you real peace of mind. You can also be reassured by our long history of customer care.
Expert advice from the equity release specialist
We have chosen Just Retirement Solutions Ltd (JRS) as our partner because:
- They are a leading provider of equity release advice
- They are a member of the Equity Release Council (formerly SHIP)
- All of the providers JRS have access to are members of the Equity Release Council
- They will never recommend a plan that isn't right for you or recommend that you release more money than you need.
What the adviser does for you
You can book either a telephone or a home appointment at a time and date to suit you. You're also welcome to have members of your family present.
When you meet with an adviser, he or she will not simply advise you about which equity release plan is right for you, but will:
- Fully review your circumstances and assess whether you have any alternative options to equity release. If equity release is not right for you your adviser will tell you. For example, if you have some money saved, your adviser will let you know whether or not it is in your best interest to use that money first and take out equity release later
- Assess the impact equity release will have on your tax position and your eligibility for state benefits
- Let you know if you qualify for any state entitlements that you may not be aware of, thereby ensuring that you maximise all income and benefit options to help generate some additional cash
- Help you understand how equity release will affect the inheritance you leave behind, as well as why you may choose to give your family some of their inheritance early.
If your adviser then decides that equity release is the right solution for you, he or she will:
- Provide you with a personalised illustration based on your own situation. You won’t be pressurised to go with any recommendations that your adviser makes and can choose to stop the process at any point
- Only recommend a scheme that offers a ‘no negative equity guarantee’. This means that your loved ones will never be left owing more money than your property is sold for
- Support you through every step of the process and, not only make sure that you have a full understanding of the process and any recommended product, but also that you are entirely comfortable at all stages.
Equity release is a serious decision and is not right for everyone because it may affect your entitlement to state benefits and will reduce the value of your estate. It is essential to take professional advice and discuss your options with those close to you.
Terms and Conditions are available on request.
See how much equity you could release by using our free calculator or requesting a callback.