6 Reasons to choose the Saga Equity Release Advice Service
The following paragraphs give 6 good reasons as to why you would choose the Saga Equity Release Advice Service.
1. Expert advice with no advice fee
Whether or not you choose to purchase equity release through the Saga Equity Release Advice Service, you won't have to pay a fee for the advice. Equity release isn't right for everyone, so if your adviser believes it's not suitable, they will tell you. If you do take out a plan then other fees may apply.
If you decide to take out a plan, Just Retirement Solutions will pay Saga an introductory fee.
2. No obligation to proceed
There is no obligation for you to continue with your enquiry any further than you are comfortable with. If at any point you wish to stop the process, you can simply let us know and you will not be charged for the advice you have received.
3. Free state benefits check
If you book an appointment, your financial situation will be reviewed to assess whether equity release may be suitable for you or whether there may be a better option. This will include an assessment of your eligibility for state benefits and a check to see whether you are missing out on any benefits to which you may be entitled.
4. Access to a range of carefully selected plans and providers
The Saga Equity Release Advice Service provides you with access to a range of carefully selected plans and providers. Your adviser will recommend the product best suited to your individual needs and circumstances so you can feel assured you have access to the product that is right for you.
5. Exclusive access to the Saga Equity Release Plan
This plan offers one of the best rates in the market and, unlike many plans, has no set-up or valuation fees. The plan has been designed with our customers in mind and is only available directly through the Saga Equity Release Advice Service, so you won’t be able to access it through any other company. Your adviser will let you know if the Saga Equity Release Plan is the most suitable for your individual circumstances. The Saga Equity Release Plan is provided by Just Retirement Limited.
6. The assurance of an established well-known company
Saga has been providing carefully chosen financial products for more than 25 years, supported by a high standard of service. We thoroughly researched equity release before introducing it to our customers so this should give you real peace of mind. You can also be reassured by our long history of customer care.
About the Service
The Saga Equity Release Advice Service provides expert advice with no advice fee to pay, whether you go ahead or not, allowing you to find out if equity release is right for you without worrying about the cost.
Though it is recommended that you meet an adviser face to face you may choose to speak with someone on the telephone, at a time and date to suit you. If you do meet with an adviser it is also recommended that you have members of your family present.
Expert advice from the equity release specialist
Saga has chosen Just Retirement Solutions as our partner because:
- They are one of the leading providers of equity release advice
- They are a member of the Equity Release Council
- All of the providers JRS have access to are members of the Equity Release Council
- They will never recommend a plan that isn't right for you or recommend that you release more money than you need.
What the adviser does for you
When you meet with an adviser, they will not simply advise you about which equity release plan is right for you, but will:
- Fully review your circumstances and assess whether you have any alternative options to equity release. If equity release is not right for you your adviser will tell you. For example, if you have some money saved, your adviser will let you know whether or not it is in your best interest to use that money first and take out equity release later
- Assess the impact equity release will have on your tax position and your eligibility for state benefits
- Let you know if you qualify for any state entitlements that you may not be aware of, thereby ensuring that you maximise all income and benefit options to help generate some additional cash
- Help you understand how equity release will affect the inheritance you leave behind, as well as why you may choose to give your family some of their inheritance early.
If your adviser then decides that equity release is the right solution for you, they will:
- Provide you with a personalised illustration based on your own situation. You won’t be pressurised to go with any recommendations that your adviser makes and can choose to stop the process at any point
- Only recommend a scheme that offers a ‘no negative equity guarantee’. This means that your loved ones will never be left owing more money than your property is sold for
- Support you through every step of the process and, not only make sure that you have a full understanding of the process and any recommended product, but also that you are entirely comfortable at all stages.
Equity release is a serious decision and is not right for everyone because it may affect your entitlement to state benefits and will reduce the value of your estate. It is essential to take professional advice and discuss your options with those close to you.
Terms and Conditions are available on request.
For more information call the telephone number at the top of the page or to see how much equity you could release use our free calculator.