Ingredients Banoffee pie
- 20cm/8in all-butter short crust pastry case
- 450g/1lb jar dulce de leche (try Merchant Gourmet)
- 3 under-ripe bananas
- 300ml/10oz whipping cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Remove the pastry case from its tin and place on a large plate. Spoon the dulce de leche into the pastry case – you may not need it all.
- Peel the bananas, slice thickly lengthways and nudge up closely over the caramel to entirely cover. Whip the cream with most of the coffee until firm but floppy. Spoon then smooth it over the bananas. Dust with the remaining coffee and chill until required.
This recipe was first published in Saga Magazine.
Lindsey Bareham's website is: www.lindseybareham.com