Onion, anchovy and black olive pizza
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 200g puff pastry
- 400g can Eazy fried onions
- 50g can anchovies
- Approx 20 pitted black olives
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F/200C/gas mark 6. Generously smear a 24x34cm/approx 10inx14in baking tin with half the olive oil.
- Dust a work surface with flour and rub more over the rolling pin and pastry. Roll the pastry thinly to fit the tin. Ease to the edges, trimming any overhang and using it to fill gaps and mend tears. Use the tines of a fork to pierce the pastry in several places to stop it rising.
- Spoon the onion over the dough, using a fork to smooth it evenly and going right up to the edges.
- Split the anchovies lengthways in two or three strips. Make a wide lattice with the anchovy over the onions. Place an olive in the centre of each cross.
- Dribble the tart with the remaining olive oil and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked. If the pastry starts to billow, pierce it with a knife and encourage it back down.
- Serve the tart hot, warm or cold, from the tin, cutting it into slabs.
Please note: the image above is for decorative purposes only and is not an original photograph of the dish described.
Lindsey Bareham's website is: www.lindseybareham.com