Forget the pastry quiche
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 spring or red onions, trimmed and chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 85g pack Parma ham, torn into pieces
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 5. Put a 20cm oven-proof shallow dish in the oven on a baking tray whilst the oven heats up.
2. Beat the eggs with the milk. Remove the hot dish from the oven, swirl the oil over the base and sides. Add the onions, tomatoes and stir well. Add the ham and cheese, and then pour over the egg mixture. Season with black pepper.
3. Return to the top of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg just set and the top is golden. Serve warm with salad.
Our thanks to the British Egg Council for providing this recipe.
Subscribe to our weekly Saga Magazine newsletter for more delicious recipes.