Category Savoury melon salad
Soft: cold, savoury, strong flavour.
2–3 small portions
- 1 spring onion
- Sprig of fresh parsley
- About 25g feta cheese cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed or olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 very small cantaloupe melon
- Wash and chop the spring onion finely. Chop the parsley finely. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Mix the spring onion with the parsley, lemon juice, oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cut the melon into three wedges and scoop out the seeds. Remove the skin from the melon, cut the flesh into pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the feta and spring onion dressing thoroughly with the melon. Place each melon skin wedge on a small plate and spoon over 2–3 good tablespoons of melon salad.
Tip: This melon salad can be kept in the fridge for at least a day, so there is no need to finish it all in one go.
For a family of four: Double the ingredients and serve as a starter.
Healthy Eating During Chemotherapy, published by Kyle Cathie, RRP £12.99.