Reassurance in and around your home
SOS Personal Alarm Subscription
Has one of your family or friends taken a bad fall or injured themselves at home or in the garden recently? Was there someone at hand to help them immediately? Will that always be the case?
Saga SOS is a personal alarm subscription that will enable your loved ones to get instant help when they need it, and we will always keep the nominated family members informed should anything happen to them. Our aim is to provide you with total reassurance that we will be there for your loved ones regardless of how big or small their issue is.
Easy to use
By wearing the personal alarm as a wristband or pendant, all they have to do is to press the button and the alarm system will instantly connect them to our 24 hour response team. Our team will know exactly who they are, where they live and how to contact nominated family member or friend.
Saga SOS is great for anybody who:
- Enjoys their freedom of the home and garden, but do not want to be out of reach of assistance
- Value their independence and do not want family or friends to worry
- Sometimes feel unsteady on their feet
- Has a more serious health problem that can be triggered at anytime
- Wants the reassurance of knowing help is at hand when they need it.
How does it work?
Our personal alarms are very easy to use, there are no phone numbers to remember or dial, they simply press a button. Below is the step by step guide once the button has been pressed:
Your loved one presses the button when in need of help or assistance. The alarm system will register the button has been pressed and will instantly connect them to our response team.
One of our friendly operators will talk to them through the alarm systems 2-way loud speaker, reassuring them that help is on the way. We will then immediately contact you or the nominated person (keyholder) or emergency services if required.
Either yourself, another keyholder or the emergency services will then be with them as soon as possible.
What is a Keyholder?
A keyholder can be yourself or another relative or friend who lives within 30 minutes of your loved one and has their permission to enter their home. Where possible we suggest having two keyholders as they will become the first point of call for our response centre.
How much does it cost?
There is no upfront fee to pay, plus if you call today you'll get the first month free!*
Saga SOS is available to rent by monthly direct debit, which includes all equipment and the 24-hour monitoring service.
Saga SOS Personal Alarm
|MONTHLY COST VAT EXEMPT*||£15.95|
|MONTHLY COST INCLUDING VAT*||£19.14|
Saga SOS includes:
- Base unit, with adjustable volume control and automatic battery back up
- 24 hour monitoring service
- Splash resistant press-button personal alarm with pendant, clip and wristband accessories
- Lifetime warranty for the device
- User guide and pre-programming of unit
The cost of the Saga SOS equipment and the service fee for monitoring will be subject to VAT unless they are chronically sick or disabled and can declare themselves as such.
Chronically ill means that they have an illness that is likely to last for a long time, such as arthritis. Disabled means a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect on their ability to carry out normal activities. They do not need to be registered disabled to claim relief from VAT, but you must specify their disability and sign a VAT exemption declaration form.
Frequently asked Questions & Answers
It's understandable that when you approach the subject of using a personal alarm with your loved one, there will be plenty of questions. In order to help you with that discussion, we have pulled together a list of our most frequently asked questions and answers that we have received from people like them looking to purchase one of our personal alarms.
If you have any more questions that need answering please contact our SOS Service team and we will be happy to help.
Included in the SOS Personal Alarm pack is:
- 1 x Saga SOS unit.
- 1 x Pendant (with wrist strap, neck cord and pocket clip attachments).
- 1 x Bogus caller button (a wall mounted/static version of the pendant).
- 1 x Power supply (for UK use)
- 1 x Telephone cable.
- 1 x Extension telephone socket.
- 1 x User guide.
That’s easy – just the information we need to help you in an emergency:
- Your name, address and home phone number.
- Name and contact numbers for your keyholders* and next of kin should you wish to list one.
- Doctor’s name, surgery name and town/city.
If the alarm user doesn’t have keyholders, they may have a keysafe or can purchase one with their SOS Alarm subscription.
* A keyholder is someone who has a key to the alarm user’s residence.
* A keysafe is a device that attaches to the outside of the alarm user’s residence containing a key(s) to enter the property. A code must be entered into it to be able to retrieve the key(s). That code will be known to trusted individuals and required by Saga should the emergency services need access to the property.
If we are unable to get a response from you, we will first try calling your home phone number and if we still get no response we will assume you are in difficulty. We will then try to contact your nominated keyholders in ranked order. If you don’t have any keyholders listed, we will send for the emergency services. Should your property have a keysafe, we will need the code to pass onto the emergency services.
A keyholder is someone the alarm user nominates who has a key to their residence. This person would be contacted if we were unable to reach the alarm user, assuming they are in difficulty.
No problem, along with your purchase of the SOS Alarm subscription, you can add an optional keysafe. This can be installed by you or we can arrange for professional installation.*
* An approved engineer will visit the alarm user’s residence at a convenient time to install the keysafe. There is an additional charge for installation. A discount is available if installed at the same time as your personal alarm.
A keysafe is a device that attaches to the outside of the alarm user’s residence containing a key(s) to enter the property. A code must be entered into it to be able to retrieve the key(s). That code will be known to trusted individuals and required by Saga should the emergency services need access to the property.
Yes. Our response team will require your keysafe code should in an emergency, access to your property be required. When your alarm arrives, press the alarm call button and one of our agents will record your keysafe code. This will enable the emergency services to access the premises more quickly, without the use of force.
Our response centre will check with you that everything is okay, and when we are satisfied that you are safe, we will end the call and reset the alarm.
What requirements do I need for the alarm?
- An electrical socket for the SOS alarm to plug into within approximately 9 feet (2.7 metres) of the telephone socket.
- A standard home telephone line that isn’t re-routed or diverted and doesn’t require a prefix (e.g. ‘9’) to dial in or out.
- If the household has an internet connection then an ADSL adaptor will be required.
If you have any questions or concerns about the setup of the Saga SOS Alarm, please contact our SOS Team on 0800 056 9196 who can provide advice on the most suitable option for you. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm (excl. bank holidays).
Saga SOS works with most telephone lines and is connected to a mains power point. A set of step-by-step instructions is supplied or you can add the optional installation package*.
*An approved engineer will visit the alarm user’s residence at a convenient time to install the alarm. There is an additional charge for installation. A discount is available if you purchase a keysafe from us and choose to have it installed by one of our engineers at the same time as your alarm.
Unfortunately the standard alarm button is not waterproof, but we can supply waterproof buttons at an additional charge. For pricing and product information, please contact our SOS Team on 0800 056 9196. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm (excl. bank holidays).
When the unit is first set up, you should make a test call so the response centre can set the volume control at the level that suits you. Alternatively, you can adjust the volume on the device yourself following the instructions. If the trigger button is pressed, the unit and pendant will flash, indicating that help has been requested.
The unit has a secondary battery power supply in case of power failure and the alarm buttons work off their own batteries.