- Never carry more cash than you need or is covered by your travel insurance policy.
- If possible, make use of hotel safes for your extra cash and travellers cheques.
- Make a note of the serial numbers of your travellers cheques, keep it with you, and leave a copy with someone else.
- If you have credit or debit cards, these could prove useful for many purchases on your travels. You should advise your credit card provider that you plan to be away and that there might be higher than usual levels of spending on your card. You may also wish to request an increased credit limit for the duration of your trip.
- You should check the expiry dates of your cards, just in case they expire while you are away.
- Do not assume that your cards will be accepted everywhere, and be prepared for the fact that there could be a minimum charge for using your credit card.
- When you are out and about, use a money belt or a zipped inside pocket for your cash and cards.
- Do not keep your cards, cash, passport and travellers cheques together in one place, just in case you lose them or they are stolen.
- Remember that some countries may have national holidays while you are visiting, and banks and shops may therefore be closed.
How Saga Travel Money can help
Commission-free foreign currency delivered to your door.
If you need to order foreign currency, Saga Travel Money could save you money. Furthermore, we can save you time by delivering your currency direct to your door on a day that suits you.
- Free delivery direct to your door for orders over £400.
- Safe and secure online ordering.
- Competitive exchange rates on a wide range of worldwide currencies.
- Foreign currency and travellers cheques available.
Find out more information on Saga Travel Money.
Going on holiday soon?
Visit the Saga Trip Planner for lots of useful travel information such as packing lists, local attractions and baggage restrictions.
You can also save money on holiday essentials such as airport parking, hotels and lounges with our exclusive offers - only for Saga Customers.