Putting your loved ones at the heart of our service.
- Their physical and practical needs
- Any dietary and health requirements
- How they're connected to friends, neighbours and relatives
- The area where they live in
- The safety of their home
- Their hobbies and interests
- How they like to fill their day.
- Working together, we can create the right package of care that will enable you to continue living life their way.
You do not need to carry this weight on your own, We are here to help you!
Saga Care at Home is fully regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and are pleased to say we achieved the rating ‘Good’ in our latest inspection.
We are passionate about what we do...
To provide the quality of care you deserve, we make sure our Carers are properly looked after, too.
Our Carers are committed and, because they are fully salaried professionals, they’ll be around to build a relationship with you.Our Carers can always stay as long as you need them. When they are with you, they are focused on you.
The Saga Healthcare customer charter
- Our service is supervised by a qualified RGN (Registered General Nurse) who will provide our customers with regular service reviews.
- While all our carers are trained and qualified to the same high standards, we understand the importance of this relationship, so always let our customers choose their carer and meet them before the service starts.
- We will stay with our customers for the full time we’re required and always arrive at the time we agree.
- All of our carers and nurses are salaried professionals and are reviewed and rewarded according to customer satisfaction.
- We believe care is 24 hours, so we provide a full out-of-hours service and our customers also have access to a 24-hour medical advice line.
What’s special about Saga Carers?
One-to-one care is about individuals and we at Saga pride ourselves on the quality of our Carers.
The selection process
At Saga we take care seriously, so the people we employ to provide care to our Clients are absolutely integral to both the service we deliver, and the ethos of the company as a whole. Consequently, we have strict employment criteria and referencing processes to ensure that every Carer who joins the Saga family is someone we would trust to look after our own loved ones.
We choose Carers through a rigorous process of interview, assessment and checking to ensure that all our Carers are all experienced, well qualified, honest and reliable. Only the best will do.
To provide the quality of care you deserve, we make sure our Carers are properly looked after, too. They can commit to their career with confidence because they are salaried employees who are not on zero-hour contracts, and who are rewarded according to how well the Client is cared for, so they’re always ready and willing to go the extra mile to support the Client’s independence and comfort. They’ll be around to build a relationship and really get to understand their Client’s needs. Because they are focused on providing the best-quality care, they will give as much time as necessary to make sure you get the right help.
TrainingSaga Carers are given full training in all of their duties, monitored by experienced team leaders who carry out regular assessments, all overseen by nursing and experienced care professionals.
Qualities of Saga CarersSaga Carers are people for whom caring is a vocation, not just a job.
- Have integrity: To be trusted with vulnerable people.
- Reliable: To provide a consistently high standard of service.
- Trustworthy: To deal with money or important documents.
- Flexible: To offer a targeted and changeable service.
- Methodical: So that the Client is never disappointed or put at risk by a missed appointment.
- Caring: With a natural empathy and a desire to care.
- Genuine: Wishing to make a difference to other people’s lives.
- Understanding: To appreciate and anticipate what they can do to make their Clients’ lives better, without overstepping boundaries.
- Professional: Constantly maintaining standards.
- Friendly: To become an extended member of their Clients’ family.
- Respectful: Mindful of their position in someone else’s home.