The EQi share dealing platform
Here for Saga customers
Saga Share Direct's dealing service has been provided by Equiniti Financial Services Limited and so when Saga Share Direct decided to move the service, it made sense to look to Equiniti's self-investing platform - EQi.
EQi is dedicated to DIY investing, with products and resources designed to give customers what they need to grow and create income from their investments.
About EQi and Equiniti
EQi is part of Equiniti, a FTSE 250 listed company. Equiniti manages and administers the shares for 70% of the FTSE 100 and interacts with 27 million shareholders and pensioners. Not only is your money secure but you can benefit from Equiniti’s decade of expertise in share dealing technology. This enables them to pay 100% of all UK dividends within 24 hours of receipt.
Crucially, EQi is fully authorised and regulated by the FCA. This means your assets are held separately to the company’s, so they remain secure at all times. Customers are also protected by the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme).
With EQi, you will be joining 60,000 DIY investors who also value independence, choice and control over their investments. 89% of EQi customers would recommend the platform to others.
The website is not just for trading. As specialists, they focus on the products and resources that help to make your money work harder and which are tax smarter.
Access a wide range of accounts
- EQi is one of the few providers to offer a flexible ISA.
- Invest up to £20,000 per year and any gains are tax-free.
- You can withdraw money, and pay it back in the same tax year, without it counting against your annual £20,000 allowance.
- Invest in a wider range of assets than traditional pensions, such as trusts or individual shares.
- Choose from over 70+ SIPP providers.
- SIPPs share the significant tax benefits common to other private pensions. The government automatically pays an extra 20% into your pension (the basic rate of tax). If you pay a higher rate of tax, you may be able to claim back up to 46% via a Self-Assessment tax return.
- Gives you access to over 8,000 global investments.
- Unlike the flexible ISA or SIPP, there are no restrictions on how much you can invest, so you'll have the freedom to build your investments without limits.
- When customers trade, EQi meet best execution price in the market 99.9% of the time and if they don't, they automatically refund the commission you paid.
What's more, if you open a Stocks and Shares ISA, a SIPP or a Lifetime ISA, EQi will provide you with a dealing account, free of charge.
As an investor, you may well have other investment accounts beyond Saga Share Direct. Should you have an ISA, SIPP or dealing account with another provider, and with a balance of more than £1,000, you can transfer them to EQi.
When did the transfer happen?
Saga Share Direct customer accounts will have been automatically move to EQi over the weekend of 13 June 2020 and accounts will have been accessible on EQi from Monday 15 June.
What’s more, to make the move seamless, all existing instructions and preferences, such as limit and stop orders, will have been transferred too.
There is a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions page to help with anything not already answered here.
How to contact us
If you have a question about the transition to EQi, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a secure message.
You can also call us on 0800 056 4827, but please bear in mind that COVID-19 has impacted how our colleagues work and waiting times are longer than usual. Our opening hours are 08:00 to 16.30, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.