We all have individual needs and require a bit of extra support from time to time. Our needs can change or be permanent and are likely to be affected by life events such as money worries, relationship or communication issues or health concerns.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide several internal support services to our customers. These include:
- Alternative Document Formats – If you require large print, Braille or audio alternatives, please let us know
- Webchat - Talking on the telephone isn’t always easy, and often questions crop up when you’re getting a quote for your insurance online. We have some useful FAQs and our Webchat facility is available for any queries, big or small. Chat with us now
- Call-back Service - Purchasing a policy and understanding the insurance process can take its toll on all of us. Sometimes you may need a little extra time to digest things, that’s why we are always happy to call you back at a time that is convenient to you, just ask us if this is the case
- Text Relay Service - If you use Text Relay in other areas of your life, rest assured, we can also interact with you this way. For more information on how to use this service in conjunction with Saga, please refer to your usual Text Relay service provider
- Bereavement Service - We have a dedicated team of colleagues who can guide you through the process when you lose someone, simply call 0800 092 3816. Alternatively, you can find information on the next steps after the loss of a loved one on our dedicated bereavement service page, and also a call-back form you can use to notify us of your loss
- Fraud and Scam Helpline - This free 24-hour helpline provided by Arc Legal Assistance can help set your mind at ease if you receive a suspicious phone call, text, letter, or email, or you've been visited by a cold caller who you're not sure is genuine. You can call any time on 0800 656 9921 and quote 'Saga Scam Helpline’. If you're a Saga Home Insurance customer and you have Legal expenses cover, please call 0800 092 0809
SOS Personal Alarm
Have you taken a bad fall or injured yourself at home or in the garden recently? Was there someone at hand to help them immediately? Will that always be the case?
Saga SOS Alarms is a subscription service which provides personal care alarms for reassurance in and around your home.
We're always happy to chat things through, so please contact us or use our Webchat facility if you want to speak to us about any of the support services we provide.
Saga Support Register
If you hold a policy with us or represent someone who does, you can inform us of any additional support you need via the Saga Support Register. Using the Saga Support Register form will mean that when we next have contact with you, we will be fully aware of your circumstances.
What support services can Saga provide?
We all have individual needs and need a bit of extra support from time to time. Our needs can change or be permanent and are likely to be affected by life events such as money worries, relationship or communication issues or health concerns.
There are no hard and fast rules around how our personal circumstances can impact us which is why it’s important to let us know so that we can make sure our colleagues are offering you the right level of support.
We can also tailor your journey with us to meet your needs.
You can request any documents in large print, Braille, or audio. Please let us know if you need any of these formats when you next speak to us.
By asking for this document type, all future correspondences for that policy will also be sent in this format, unless you tell us otherwise.
At Saga we care about our customers and want to ensure we have all relevant information to hand to ensure you have a smooth journey from when you purchase your insurance policy through to making a claim.
Simply let us know if you have any additional needs or requirements when you speak to us. All Saga colleagues understand the importance of confidentiality.
Losing a loved one is always difficult. That’s why we have a dedicated team available to support you through this process, just call 0800 092 3816
If you’re not ready to talk quite yet, you can visit us online and request a call back at a time that’s convenient for you.
We understand that insurance can be complicated, some of the questions we ask can seem technical and might be difficult to understand. It’s important that you are comfortable and confident that your insurance meets your needs.
To help us help you:
- Don’t be worried about asking questions
- Don’t be afraid to ask us to repeat a question
- Please tell us if you need us to slow down or speak up
- If you would prefer us to speak to someone you trust who you would like to make decisions on your behalf, just let us know
- If a call becomes overwhelming, please let the caller handler know, and we’ll call you back once you’ve had a break.
We also have a Saga Support Services webpage and webchat function on our website if you have a question and don’t want to call.
It can be worrying after you've received a suspicious phone call, text, letter, or email, or you've been visited by a cold caller who you're not sure is genuine. Unfortunately, there has been a rise in scams during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’ve set up the Saga Fraud and Scam Helpline for all Saga customers. This 24-hour helpline is provided by Arc Legal Assistance. It's free and you can call any time of the day or night to talk to a trained adviser in complete confidence.
Simply call 0800 656 9921 and quote 'Saga Scam Helpline'.
To help keep you secure when using our website and Saga Online Self Service you may be required to enter a security code that has been sent to you via your chosen method (text or email).
This is a process used by banks to ensure the safety of your money and protect you against the risk of fraud and scams when paying for products and services online.
We really are here to help, so if you’re worried about covering the cost of your insurance due to your current situation, please call us on the number in your policy documents and we'll be happy to talk things through with you.
We may double check that your insurance still meets your needs (should you need to adjust your mileage, for example) and we can talk through your payment options. Every situation is different so it’s important to let us know so that we can support you.