Cover at a glance
At Saga, we believe that if you’re looking for good value breakdown cover, you shouldn’t have to compromise.
Cover at a glance
To help keep you on the road Saga Breakdown Assistance offers five cover levels to make sure you're properly covered:
- Essential – Roadside repair, or recovery to the nearest garage plus reimbursement of taxi costs to take you and your passengers up to 20 miles*
- Home Call – Repair at home or roadside, or recovery to the nearest garage plus reimbursement of taxi costs to take you and your passengers up to 20 miles
- National Recovery – Roadside repair, or recovery to your home or a garage anywhere in the UK*
- Comprehensive – Repair at home or roadside, or recovery of your car, you and your passengers to your home or a garage anywhere in the UK, hire car or overnight accommodation
- Premier – All the above, plus cover for roadside repair and recovery in 55 countries and territories in Europe, and transport to your holiday departure point if you break down en route and we are unable to fix your car. Plus, if your car breaks down within 24 hours of your planned departure date in the UK, we'll arrange a hire car for up to 14 days so you can proceed with your trip.
*When breakdown occurs at least 1/4 mile from your home address or where the car is normally kept.
For further details see our cover at a glance table
|Essential||Home Call||National Recovery||Comprehensive||Premier|
|Roadside repair – if you are at least 1/4 mile from your home, you only pay the costs of any parts fitted||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Puncture repair – for your car, or your caravan/trailer when you are towing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recovery – of your car to any destination of your choice within ten miles of the breakdown||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|National Recovery – similar to Recovery above but to anywhere in the UK||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Home Call – assistance at your home, or within 1/4 mile of your home||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Driver Care – we will give you a hire car, alternative transport or overnight accommodation if you cannot use your car, plus up to £150 for travel costs to collect your vehicle after repair if necessary||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|European Cover – in 55 countries and territories across Europe||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Holiday Departure Cover – if your car breaks down within 24 hours of a planned departure date in the UK, we’ll arrange a hire car for up to 14 days to allow you to continue your trip.||No||No||No||No||Yes|
For the full policy features and benefits please see our Policy Book