How does Saga’s 3-year fixed cover work?
If you choose our Saga Plus cover level, you’ll not only get a fully Comprehensive policy but - if nothing changes - your price will stay the same for three years.
We've designed Saga Plus to provide wide-ranging cover, including several features that you might not get with other companies.
Our 3-year fixed price is one such feature. The price we quote is for one year's cover but, because we fix this for your next two renewals, as long as nothing changes, you'll pay the same price next year and the next.
Why might your price change?
- You make a claim
- You get a driving conviction
- Insurance Premium Tax increases
- You make any other changes to your insurance, such as changing your car.
What happens when the year is up?
Towards the end of your year’s insurance, we’ll send you a renewal invitation with the price for your next year’s policy. If nothing has changed, the price will be the same as last year.
If you’re happy with all the details in your renewal invitation and wish to continue your cover, you’ll be able to renew online in just a few clicks. Should you need to change any details or wish to cancel your policy, you’ll need to contact us before your policy is due to expire.
Does Saga's car insurance with fixed price cost extra?
The 3-year fixed price is included as standard with our Saga Plus cover level, as is uninsured driver cover, legal protection, onward taxi travel, accidental healthcare and a protected No Claim Discount. With such wide-ranging cover included, your quote might be higher than a standard Comprehensive policy. But, with the price then fixed for two renewals, you may well find it saves you money in the long term.
If Saga Plus is not for you, you may wish to consider Saga Select cover instead. This is still a Comprehensive policy but does not come with the 3-year fixed price or all the additional features that Saga Plus includes as standard. Compare the two cover levels.
Can I leave during the three years?
Of course! Your price may be fixed for three years, but you’re not tied in. It’s completely up to you if you choose to leave when your insurance runs out at the end of each 12-month term. If you wish to cancel your policy at any other time, you can but there’ll be cancellation fees to pay.
What happens if I change my car?
If you change your car, please give us a call on 0800 056 9167 so we can amend your policy and ensure you’re properly covered. We’ll need to recalculate the price of your cover. Your new price will come into effect straight away and will apply for however long is left of your three years. Your price could go up or down and there’ll be an administration fee to pay.
Please see your Policy Book for more information on ‘Changes to your policy details or cover’.
I’m an existing customer? Can I get Saga’s 3-year fixed price?
Yes, existing customers can upgrade to a 3-year fixed price policy at renewal. You’ll be sent all the details with your renewal pack around 21 days before your policy is due to expire.
- The term of your 3-year fixed price feature begins on your policy start date and is subject to you renewing annually.
- Your total price (including the price of any additional cover options) will be fixed for two consecutive renewals subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The price of your insurance will change over the three years if:
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in your insurance renewal price following the change and for the remaining renewal periods.
- You make any changes to your policy. Any change in your insurance price will come into effect at the time you make the change and will apply for the remaining renewal periods. Please check your Policy Book for information on ‘Changes to your policy details or cover’.
- You make a claim or receive a conviction. Your insurance price will change at the next renewal after the claim or conviction.
- Your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and any endorsements to the Policy Book. We may change the policy wording at any time and any changes will be communicated to you in writing.
- Underwriting criteria apply at the time you take out your cover and for the 3-year fixed price term. Acceptance or underwriting criteria may change at any time, which could result in us being unable to offer you cover either when you make a change to your policy or at renewal. Should the underwriting criteria change meaning that your price would be lower than the fixed price, then the lower price would apply for the remaining term.
- 3-year fixed price feature is not available with Saga Select.
Saga fixed price car insurance reviews
See what our customers have to say about us on Trustpilot: