How does Saga’s 3-year fixed cover work?
If you choose our Saga Plus cover level, you’ll not only get a fully Comprehensive policy but - if nothing changes - your price will stay the same for three years.
We've designed Saga Plus to provide wide-ranging cover, including several features that you might not get with other companies.
Our 3-year fixed price is one such feature. The price we quote is for one year's cover but, because we fix this for your next two renewals, as long as nothing changes, you'll pay the same price next year and the year after.
Why might your price change?
- You make a claim
- You get a driving conviction
- Insurance Premium Tax increases
- You make any other changes to your insurance, such as changing your car.
What happens when the year is up?
Towards the end of your year’s insurance, we’ll send you a renewal invitation with the price for your next year’s policy. If nothing has changed, the price will be the same as last year.
If you’re happy with all the details in your renewal invitation and wish to continue your cover, you’ll be able to renew online in just a few clicks. Should you need to change any details or wish to cancel your policy, you’ll need to contact us before your policy is due to expire.
Does Saga's car insurance with fixed price cost extra?
The 3-year fixed price is included as standard with our Saga Plus cover level, as is uninsured driver cover, legal protection, onward taxi travel, accidental healthcare and a protected No Claim Discount. With such wide-ranging cover included, your quote might be higher than a standard Comprehensive policy. But, with the price then fixed for two renewals, you may well find it saves you money in the long term.
If Saga Plus is not for you, you may wish to consider Saga Select cover instead. This is still a Comprehensive policy but does not come with the 3-year fixed price or all the additional features that Saga Plus includes as standard. Compare the two cover levels.
Can I leave during the three years?
Of course! Your price may be fixed for three years, but you’re not tied in. It’s completely up to you if you choose to leave when your insurance runs out at the end of each 12-month term. If you wish to cancel your policy at any other time, you can but there’ll be cancellation fees to pay.
What happens if I change my car?
If you change your car, you can update your details on MySaga or give us a call on 0800 056 9167 so we can amend your policy and ensure you’re properly covered. We’ll need to recalculate the price of your cover. Your price could go up or down, it will then come into effect straight away and will apply for however long is left of your three years.
Please see your Policy Book for more information on ‘Changes to your policy details or cover’.
I’m an existing customer? Can I get Saga’s 3-year fixed price?
Yes, existing customers can upgrade to a 3-year fixed price policy at renewal. You’ll be sent all the details with your renewal pack around 21 days before your policy is due to expire.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is offered to you for a 3-year period, where your total price (including the price of any additional cover options taken out at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period) will be the price at which your policy will be set at for the following two policy years, dependent on these Saga Fixed Price Promise terms and conditions.
- Your policy taken out in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period must be renewed annually for the following two policy years. You may cancel your policy at any time, in accordance with the terms of your Policy Book.
- During the Fixed Price Promise period, if Saga are able to offer you a lower price than the price provided to you at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period, then the lower price would apply for the remaining renewal periods.
The price of your insurance may change during the Fixed Price Promise period if:
- You make any changes to your policy at any time. If any change you make leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the time that you make the change and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You make a claim or are convicted of a motoring offence. If any claim you make or any convictions on your record leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the next renewal after the claim or conviction and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You take out any additional cover options not taken out at the start of your policy cover. The price of your policy will change from when you take out any additional cover and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in the price of your insurance at your next insurance renewal and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- The Fixed Price Promise and your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and Endorsements to the Policy Book. Saga or the Underwriters may change the policy wording at any time. Any changes, which could result in changes to your excess (the first part of any claim which you must pay), will be communicated to you in writing.
- Very significant changes to your policy or changes to the Underwriter’s risk criteria or unfavourable insurance market conditions which materially affects the risk of insuring you may mean that Saga cannot reasonably identify an insurer who will provide insurance to you. This may mean we will not be able to offer you cover.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not available with the Standard or Select cover levels.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is provided by Saga Services Limited (Saga) a company registered in England with registered number 732602, whose registered office is at The Saga Building, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Saga is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is part of the service that Saga provides to you. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not offered to you by the panel of insurers that underwrites your insurance policy.
Saga fixed price car insurance reviews
See what our customers have to say about us on Trustpilot: