How does Saga’s 3-year fixed price cover work?
With our Saga Plus Car Insurance, you'll get wide-ranging cover, including several features that you might not get with other companies.
Our 3-year fixed price is just one of those features. You'll get a price for one year's cover but, because we fix this for your next two renewals, as long as nothing changes, you'll pay the same price next year and the year after, even after most claims! The only thing that's fixed is your price, you're free to cancel at any time with no cancellation fees to pay.
Why might your price change?
- You make a claim - although most claims won't affect your price
- You get a driving conviction
- Insurance Premium Tax increases
- You make any other changes to your insurance, such as changing your car.
What happens when the year is up?
Towards the end of your year’s insurance, we’ll send you a renewal invitation with the price for your next year’s policy. If nothing has changed, the price will be the same as last year.
If you’re happy with all the details in your renewal invitation and wish to continue your cover, you’ll be able to renew online in just a few clicks. If you need to change any details or cancel your policy, you’ll need to contact us before your policy is due to expire.
Does Saga's car insurance with fixed price cost extra?
The 3-year fixed price is included with our Saga Plus cover level, as is Legal Protection, Onward Taxi Travel, Key Protection and Accident Healthcare. With such wide-ranging cover included, your quote might be higher than a standard Comprehensive policy. But, with the price then fixed for two renewals you may well find it saves you money in the long term.
If Saga Plus is not for you, you may wish to consider Saga Select cover instead. This is still a Comprehensive policy but doesn't come with the 3-year fixed price or all the additional features that Saga Plus includes as standard. Compare the two cover levels.
Can I leave during the three years?
Of course! Your price may be fixed for three years, but you’re not tied in. It’s completely up to you if you choose to leave when your insurance runs out at the end of each 12-month term or at any time in between with no cancellation fees to pay.
What happens if I change my car?
If you change your car, you can update your details on MySaga or give us a call on 0800 056 9167 so we can amend your policy and ensure you’re properly covered. We’ll need to recalculate the price of your cover. Your price could go up or down, it will then come into effect straight away and will apply for however long is left of your three years.
Please see your Policy Book for more information on ‘Changes to your policy details or cover’.
I’m an existing customer? Can I get Saga’s 3-year fixed price?
Yes, existing customers can upgrade to a 3-year fixed price policy at renewal. You’ll be sent all the details with your renewal pack around 21 days before your policy is due to expire.
Which? Recommended Provider of car insurance
In February, Saga was named a Which? Recommended Provider of car insurance for 2022. Consumer champion Which? only endorses the best products and services. As a completely independent organisation, the granting of Which? Recommended Provider status truly reflects what they think – not what someone else wants them to say.
3-year fixed price terms and conditions
- Saga’s 3-year Fixed Price is offered to you for a 3-year period. Your total price (including the arrangement fee and the price of any additional cover options taken out at the start of your 3-year Fixed Price period) is the price at which your policy will be set, dependent on these Saga 3-year Fixed Price terms and conditions.
- The 3-year Fixed Price applies to a policy taken out at the start of the 3-year Fixed Price Period and renewed for the following two years. You may cancel your policy at any time, in accordance with the terms of your Policy Book, and your 3-year Fixed Price will end. On cancellation, the arrangement fee is non-refundable; however, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- During the 3-year Fixed Price period, if Saga is able to offer you a lower price than the price provided to you at the start of your 3-year Fixed Price period, then the lower price would apply for any remaining renewal periods.
- The price of your insurance may change during the 3-year Fixed Price period if:
- You make any changes to your policy or change your cover options at any time. If any change you make leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the time that you make the change and will continue for any remaining renewal periods.
- You are convicted of a motoring offence or you make a claim where your insurer is unable to recover costs from a third party. Your price will not be affected by claims we have accepted as vandalism, uninsured driver, hit whilst parked, theft, fire, storm, flood, animal damage or claims for broken glass in your vehicle’s windscreen, windows or sunroof under Part 3 of the ‘loss or damage’ section of your policy. If a claim or conviction leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will not take effect until the next renewal after the claim or conviction and will continue for any remaining renewal period.
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in the insurance price for any subsequent renewals during the 3-year Fixed Price period.
- The 3-year Fixed Price and your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and Endorsements to the Policy Book. Saga or the Underwriters may change the policy wording at any time. Any changes you make to your policy could result in changes to your excess (the first part of any claim that you must pay). Any change will be communicated to you in writing.
- Very significant changes to your policy or to the Underwriter’s risk criteria or unfavourable insurance market conditions which materially affect the risk of insuring you may mean that Saga cannot reasonably identify an insurer who will provide insurance to you. If this is the case we will not be able to offer you cover.
- The Saga 3-year Fixed Price is not available with our Standard or Select cover level.
- The Saga 3-year Fixed Price is provided by Saga Services Limited (Saga) a company registered in England with registered number 732602, whose registered office is The Saga Building, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Saga is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Saga 3-year Fixed Price is part of the service that Saga provides to you. The Saga 3-year Fixed Price is not offered to you by the panel of insurers that underwrites your insurance policy.