How does fixed price work?
If you choose our Saga Plus cover level, you’ll not only get a fully Comprehensive policy but - if nothing changes - your price will stay the same for three years.
We've designed Saga Plus to provide wide-ranging cover, including several features that you might not get with other companies.
Our 3-year fixed price is one such feature. The price we quote is for one year's cover but, because we fix this for your next two renewals, as long as nothing changes, you'll pay the same price next year and the year after.
Why might your price change?
- You make a claim
- You get a driving conviction
- Insurance Premium Tax increases
- You make any other changes to your insurance, such as changing your car.
Can I leave during the three years?
Of course! Your price may be fixed for three years, but you’re not tied in. It’s completely up to you if you choose to leave when your insurance runs out at the end of each 12-month term. If you wish to cancel your policy at any other time, you can but there’ll be cancellation fees to pay.
What’s covered by Saga Plus?
Saga Plus is our top level of cover for motorhome insurance. It enables you to enjoy the open road knowing that you’ve got Comprehensive cover in place. Saga Plus insurance includes:
- Cover in the European Union for an unlimited period included as standard
- Personal belongings cover to insure your personal effects and equipment stored in your motorhome
- Vandalism cover.
Find out more about what’s included with a Saga motorhome insurance policy.
What happens if I change my vehicle?
If you change your motorhome during your policy year, you’ll need to give customer services a call on 0800 904 7763. The change may cause the cost of your policy to go up or down. The new price will then be fixed for the remainder of your 3-year fixed price period.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is offered to you for a 3-year period, where your total price (including the price of any additional cover options taken out at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period) will be the price at which your policy will be set at for the following two policy years, dependent on these Saga Fixed Price Promise terms and conditions.
- Your policy taken out in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period must be renewed annually for the following two policy years. You may cancel your policy at any time, in accordance with the terms of your Policy Book.
- During the Fixed Price Promise period, if Saga are able to offer you a lower price than the price provided to you at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period, then the lower price would apply for the remaining renewal periods.
- The price of your insurance may change during the Fixed Price Promise period if:
- You make any changes to your policy at any time. If any change you make leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the time that you make the change and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You make a claim or are convicted of a motoring offence. If any claim you make or any convictions on your record leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the next renewal after the claim or conviction and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You take out any additional cover options not taken out at the start of your policy cover. The price of your policy will change from when you take out any additional cover and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in the price of your insurance at your next insurance renewal and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- The Fixed Price Promise and your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and Endorsements to the Policy Book. Saga or the Underwriters may change the policy wording at any time. Any changes, which could result in changes to your excess (the first part of any claim which you must pay), will be communicated to you in writing.
- Very significant changes to your policy or changes to the Underwriter’s risk criteria or unfavourable insurance market conditions which materially affects the risk of insuring you may mean that Saga cannot reasonably identify an insurer who will provide insurance to you. This may mean we will not be able to offer you cover.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not available with the Standard or Select cover levels.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is provided by Saga Services Limited (Saga) a company registered in England with registered number 732602, whose registered office is at The Saga Building, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Saga is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is part of the service that Saga provides to you. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not offered to you by the panel of insurers that underwrites your insurance policy.