How does fixed price work?
With our new 3-year fixed price the cost of your Saga Motorhome Insurance will be fixed for the next two renewals. This means no more surprises when it’s time to renew your policy, so you can enjoy your travels without having to worry about the cost of your motorhome insurance going up.
As long as you don’t make any changes to your policy, or make a claim, the price of your policy will be set for three years. This includes any additional extras added on at the start. You’ll be protected from any market changes, with the exception of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) – see terms and conditions below.
Is Saga 3-year fixed price a motorhome insurance policy for three years?
No, your policy will still last for 12 months and you’ll receive a renewal invite towards the end of each year. As long as everything’s stayed the same, you’ll know how much your motorhome insurance renewal price is going to be – the same as this year! That’s something to remember when comparing motorhome insurance quotes.
You’re not tied in and are free to cancel at any time, subject to our usual cancellation fees. If you choose to leave Saga at the time of your renewal, there will be no exit fees to pay.
What’s covered by Saga Motorhome?
Saga Motorhome is our top level of cover for motorhome insurance. It enables you to enjoy the open road knowing that you’ve got Comprehensive cover in place. Saga Motorhome insurance includes:
- Cover in the European Union for an unlimited period included as standard
- Personal belongings cover to insure your personal effects and equipment stored in your motorhome
- Vandalism cover.
Find out more about what’s included with a Saga motorhome insurance policy.
What happens if I change my vehicle?
If you change your motorhome during your policy year, you’ll need to give customer services a call on 0800 904 7763. There’ll be an amendment fee to pay and the change may cause the cost of your policy to go up or down. The new price will then be fixed for the remainder of your 3-year fixed price period.
- The term of your 3-year fixed price feature begins on your policy start date and is subject to you renewing annually.
- Your total price (including the price of any additional cover options) will be fixed for two consecutive renewals subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The price of your insurance will change over the three years if:
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in your insurance renewal price following the change and for the remaining renewal periods.
- You make any changes to your policy. Any change in your insurance price will come into effect at the time you make the change and will apply for the remaining renewal periods. Please check your Policy Book for information on ‘Changes to your policy details or cover’.
- You make a claim or receive a conviction. Your insurance price will change at the next renewal after the claim or conviction.
- Your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and any endorsements to the Policy Book. We may change the policy wording at any time and any changes will be communicated to you in writing.
- Underwriting criteria apply at the time you take out your cover and for the 3-year fixed price term. Acceptance or underwriting criteria may change at any time, which could result in us being unable to offer you cover either when you make a change to your policy or at renewal. Should the underwriting criteria change meaning that your price would be lower than the fixed price, then the lower price would apply for the remaining term.
- 3-year fixed price feature is not available with Saga Essential.